Non-Fisheye GoPro Hero 3+ Replacement Lens

Reaction score
Howdy All,

I am looking to replace my stock GoPro lens with something that doe not have the wide angle fisheye effect, without spending $hundreds. Don't want to do the rib cage just yet...

Has anyone replaced their lens and what did you use?

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
There are many threads on this. Yes you can get a cheap lens and install it yourself. You will have to focus it. You will also have pink corners in your video/pics if you replace the stock lens unless you pay to have the original gopro lens profile removed. It's not as simple as just buying a cheap lens and screwing it in and having a better image.

The install video on the Peau web site is difficult and overly complicated. Much easier to replace the lens this way: Basically just unscrew one and screw in the new..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hey fellows,

Thanks very much for the replies!@@

PdxSteve, thanks for the heads-up ;) Would that be a software "profile" you are referring to?

pyrate, how did you do yours? What lens did you buy?

jubair, what replacement lens did you use? I'm strongly guessing that you used the video whose link you posted.

Cheers,

Bill

Hey fellows,

Thanks very much for the replies!@@

PdxSteve, thanks for the heads-up ;) Would that be a software "profile" you are referring to?

pyrate, how did you do yours? What lens did you buy?

jubair, what replacement lens did you use? I'm strongly guessing that you used the video whose link you posted.

Cheers,

Bill
I'm using the 4.35 Peau but considering the 3.97 for a little more sharpness and FOV. Haven't decided for sure yet.

I ended up buying a Peau 4.35 10MP from a fellow on RCG and I will install it when I get the thing.

Cheers,

Bill

I'm using the 4.35 Peau but considering the 3.97 for a little more sharpness and FOV. Haven't decided for sure yet.

I am on the wall too
sounds technically like it should be a better lens, but from the footage so far I am not sold

I just got my Peau 3.97. Preliminary results tell me that the lens doesn't focus as well at minimum focusing distances (1ft) as the stock lens but at middle and infinity, the lens is pretty awesome. Here are a few photos I just took with the lens. I had the camera set to Protunes color but Peau advises setting to flat. More playing but I love the non-fisheye results. The last image included the Peau CPL on the lens as well.gopro Peau -2-2.jpg gopro Peau -5-3.jpg gopro Peau -6.jpg

Reactions: Acroduster

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986