No video

Reaction score
I went to use my Solo after it sat idle for a few months and now I can't get a video feed. I'm using the same tablet & camera I used the last time it worked. I tried resetting both the Solo and the controller & re-paired them & still no video. Any ideas what else I can try? Thanks...

Sorry but I have to ask: Are you sure that you plugged the GoPro firmly into the gimbal (seat it firmly then press it again)? Are you sure that the video cable is plugged into the side of the GoPro firmly (seat it firmly then press it again)?

If so, then help us help you: Does the video feed cut out when you press record, or is there never any video feed at all? What model tablet do you use? What OS version is it? Which app are you using on your tablet to control your Solo? Which GoPro model? Which firmware version is your GoPro? The more specific your details, the more useful our suggestions can be.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Yes, GoPro is firmly seated in the gimbal & cable is firmly seated in the GoPro. Tablet is a ZTE K88 & GoPro is a Hero4 Black. All these items worked great the last time I flew the Solo, which was several months ago. And I don't get any video feed right from the start now. I can still fly the Solo without video, but what fun is that? Hoping somebody can help me figure this out...

Yes, GoPro is firmly seated in the gimbal & cable is firmly seated in the GoPro. Tablet is a ZTE K88 & GoPro is a Hero4 Black. All these items worked great the last time I flew the Solo, which was several months ago. And I don't get any video feed right from the start now. I can still fly the Solo without video, but what fun is that? Hoping somebody can help me figure this out...
Cold solder joint at either the HDMI port on the gimbal or the HDMI port on the Solo?

Reactions: skyhax
I had this problem intermittently about a year ago, replaced the gimbal, problem solved.

I have same issue. Took to a gadget clinic they said they could not find problem and they said tech support for solo said that was an issue for that model.....as if right! I have never heard of that has anyone!?
Please help anyone

I have same issue. Took to a gadget clinic they said they could not find problem and they said tech support for solo said that was an issue for that model.....as if right! I have never heard of that has anyone!?
Please help anyone
Are you using the 3DR app or Solex to communicate with your drone? I experienced issues with Solex because when my device updated to the latest version of Android it immediatly adjusted my screens resolution to WQHD (2560 x 1440). I had to reduce the resolution back to FHD (1920x1080) on my device before I could get a feed from my Solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo