No Video on Droid, but perfect Video on IOS

Reaction score
So yesterday I bought Galaxy Tablet at BB specifically for the Solo. This is my first Android device and I didn't want to get a call on my iPhone 6plus and loose connectivity ect. Well I cant seem to get the video to work on the Galaxy, will get intermittent shots before it takes off, but then the video freezes. Land the Solo, disconnect the Galaxy, link it to the iPhone 6 plus, no issues.

Any ideas before I take the tablet back?

Have tried closing the app and opening it again? I have an Android phone I use and sometimes I have to do that at the start of my flight to get everything sync'd up and working right. I mean exit all the way out of the app. Not just go back to the "Fly Solo" screen.

So yesterday I bought Galaxy Tablet at BB specifically for the Solo. This is my first Android device and I didn't want to get a call on my iPhone 6plus and loose connectivity ect. Well I cant seem to get the video to work on the Galaxy, will get intermittent shots before it takes off, but then the video freezes. Land the Solo, disconnect the Galaxy, link it to the iPhone 6 plus, no issues.

Any ideas before I take the tablet back?
I'm very anti-Apple and pro Samsung (my Galaxy Note Edge is great for my Solo), but Best Buy is offering great deals on iPad Minis. I had to get one anyway (for testing videos), and I found a brand new mini 3 with 128gb for $449 at BB. I think the 16gb units were two hundred something $ (these are all WIFI-only prices)

Have tried closing the app and opening it again? I have an Android phone I use and sometimes I have to do that at the start of my flight to get everything sync'd up and working right. I mean exit all the way out of the app. Not just go back to the "Fly Solo" screen.
Yep, did all the normal procedures, closed the app, powered off the drone, ect.. Just curious that there is a major difference in the apps between IOS and Droid.

Yep, did all the normal procedures, closed the app, powered off the drone, ect.. Just curious that there is a major difference in the apps between IOS and Droid.

How about removing the app and then reinstalling? Maybe remove the app, restart tablet, then install the app.

How about removing the app and then reinstalling? Maybe remove the app, restart tablet, then install the app.
Keep in mind, that when you remove it, you need to also remove 3DR services. I just went through this (for another reason) and found that after reinstalling just the Solo app, it would no longer connect. Uninstalling both and then installing Solo cured it of its ills.

Also try rebooting your tablet. I have also had this problem a few times on android, which was fixed by a device reboot.

Rebooted, seemed to fix the issue. Now to try tower. Is there a video or thread on how to use tower?

No good videos on Tower for Solo that I have found. There are some quirks in Tower so be ready to hit pause and stop the Solo if it takes off in a direction you did not plan. Once its on its way to the first waypoint (if correct) it works pretty well. Its not going to be pretty without a gimbal of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421