No video feed

Reaction score
ok I have tried everything

Hero 4 black is perfect
Records video during flight but no live feed
I've closed and reinstalled everything
I've done the proper boot sequence

The controller moves the gimbal and the record button works and communicates to the hero

But NO live feed. Just a blank screen
I love the solo and it's flight but without the live feed it's useless to me except as a toy
Please help

Did it ever work? Which app are you using?
Sounds like an issue with the HDMI cable. Have you checked all connections? The one in the side of the GoPro is sometimes a little stubborn. The other two may have worked loose.

ok I have tried everything

Hero 4 black is perfect
Records video during flight but no live feed
I've closed and reinstalled everything
I've done the proper boot sequence

The controller moves the gimbal and the record button works and communicates to the hero

But NO live feed. Just a blank screen
I love the solo and it's flight but without the live feed it's useless to me except as a toy
Please help
Have you tried changing resolution and/ or frame rates? All updates installed? ...just guesses, mine did that a million years ago... did recall changing res/frame rate did bring it back....

Good luck!

Hi Guys
I had same problem everything worked fine except no live feed to iphone5-6 or ipad 3
frustrating as hell. Records-moves-tirns off and on but no picture.....
tried everything on this site and more that google threw at me.
Tried bypassing the micro hdmi cable from internal gimbal and he presto, instant pictures.
Am now purchasing another gimbal which hopefully will work as having a fvp cable hanging out the bottom of the gimbal connecting to hero 4 black looks awful and will probably get caught in something it shouldn't.
Im 100% convinced that some of the HDMI lines thru the gimbal path must corrupt or break one of the microwires so no pic and by bypassing it proves this theory ( at least in my mind :)
Happy flying
Cheers to all

Hi, what exactly did you do where you said you bypassed the HDMI cable from the internal Gimbal?

Can you please explain? Thanks.

Hi there
i brought a longer fvp cable and routed it directly from the drone motherboard ( plenty of discussions on here on how to access) removed the round one with the magnetic shield on it ( the one that plugs into the gimbal micro hmdi port)
and then feed he ribbon thru the hole in bottom of gimbal ( where the 2 existing ribbons go ). I hade to remove 2 of the rubber mounts to get access but easy to push back in
Then i just looped the fvp cable around the gimbal so not to snag and pugged direct to gopro. Left power feed to gimbal the same
brought cable off aliexpress for about $10
thanks Richard

new cable
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

old cable removed
Thank you very much for your time and quick response.

Sorry to bother you again, but Is this the same as the one that you can purchase from relish3d.com? What size did you end up purchasing from AliExpress?

Thanks again

Hi there
i brought a longer fvp cable and routed it directly from the drone motherboard ( plenty of discussions on here on how to access) removed the round one with the magnetic shield on it ( the one that plugs into the gimbal micro hmdi port)
and then feed he ribbon thru the hole in bottom of gimbal ( where the 2 existing ribbons go ). I hade to remove 2 of the rubber mounts to get access but easy to push back in
Then i just looped the fvp cable around the gimbal so not to snag and pugged direct to gopro. Left power feed to gimbal the same
brought cable off aliexpress for about $10
thanks Richard

new cable
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

old cable removed

Sorry, the other question is what configuration did you choose from the AliExpress?

Hi I believe relish 3d are just the same cable BUT i brought cheaper
need D1 one end D2 other and i found 500mm long ( maybe a bit long ) but 300 too short
D2 has the micro socket facing right way for the hero end
feed the STRAIGHT END ( D1) thru the gimball hole ( up from the bottom) before plugging into drone MB the bent end ( d2) is harder to feed thru the hole
ask if any further info required. just be careful as the fvp is pretty robust BUT can fracture wires.
Good luck

It's interesting that you bought the 500mm where the one from Relish3D is only 100mm (10cm)!

Thanks Richard

Is there a video on the mod that you did?

Cheers,
Sam

Hi sorry you are wrong
i just watched their videos
they replace only from SOLO gimbal to drone Motherboard cable so 100mm is fine i replaced the complete cable as the gimbal feed was corrupt so from motherboard to hero 4 black Camera one cable.
if the gimbal cable has fault then what they did with the 100mm one will do nothing. All they are doing is trying to reduce vibration by using a more flexible cabel between the MB and gimbal NOT to the camera
Richard
Hum, not sure if I'm up to that! Thanks again for everything though. If I do get adventurous I may call on you for your help :->
Cheers,
Sam

someone can help me, I need to buy the HDMI cable tell me where I can buy it ,, ebay or amazon please

greetings sorry for the inconvenience I need to know what is the measure to buy the HDMI cable I do not have gimbal use only the go pro, I also want to ask if the camera go pro hero 3 can work with the 3drsolo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M