No video feed back and rolling screen being 10 feet away.

Reaction score
My solo was working smooth and now i have no idea whats going o but i have only video feed at the beggining and as soon as it goes 5 feet away gets bad and start rolling. Any idea? Help please.

695900f56028efa9efedc2d5f59ea4f4.jpg
bd2c8047995cb0992928fb0b7dd96701.jpg
367f2cc2bf7922e43742ad716ce372ed.jpg

Likely antenna related, poor physical connection along the antenna cabling. There are a few threads here similar to your description, search the forum for what others found as a cause...

I had similar back when, mine just required tightening the controller's antennas properly...never been a problem since.

Reactions: danmata
Likely antenna related, poor physical connection along the antenna cabling. There are a few threads here similar to your description, search the forum for what others found as a cause...

I had similar back when, mine just required tightening the controller's antennas properly...never been a problem since.
Thanks!!
I tried it but didnt work.

What phone/tablet are you using? There could be a problem there. Are you sure the problem isn't starting when video starts recording? Is live feed OK before recording starts?

Hi I am using a samsung S8. It starts with feedback and as soon as it starts flying it stops. Controller works great though. It never happened before until landing it it touched something and flipped breaking all the propellers. I opened the gimbal attachment and the hdmi and power cable were propperly inside.

Hi I am using a samsung S8. It starts with feedback and as soon as it starts flying it stops. Controller works great though. It never happened before until landing it it touched something and flipped breaking all the propellers. I opened the gimbal attachment and the hdmi and power cable were propperly inside.
It sounds like you have a problem at a connector or cable that the vibration of flight is making visible through video problem. It could be the HDMI connector in the GoPro, the gimbal, the internal HDMI cable, or the connector at the IMX6 inside the Solo and under the main board. I wouldn't rule out an antenna connection yet either, but now knowing when the problem started you'll need to look at the connections in the Solo. You will have to do some further testing to narrow it down. Start by testing the GoPro HDMI to a TV - gently wiggle the connection while connected. Then bypass the Gimbal and see if the problem goes away. Check internal HDMI cable, the connector discussed in the thread that @Maddog pointed out, and while you have the main board lifted you can check the antenna connections/wires like @RichWest pointed out - now checking them inside the Solo.

Reactions: RichWest
Thank you. Great answer. Ill do it as soon as i am back home and let you guys know. Thanks for the help

It would have been helpful if you had told us initially it flipped an damaged itself. That could cause a lot of different problems, making troubleshooting more difficult.

Reactions: jimloss
It would have been helpful if you had told us initially it flipped an damaged itself. That could cause a lot of different problems, making troubleshooting more difficult.
You are right. i actually forgot about that because it didn't really fell from high and it got to fly normal for a bit. actually it was not long ago that i remembered that that happened.

I opened the Solo, tried to re connect the hdmi and put the foam. still doesnt work. when i son the floor it gives me video as soon as it starts flying start having problems and then goes to rolling screen or black.
The controller how ever gives me full signal for the drone and i can pilot it perfectly. just the video.

any other idea?

Thanks!

I opened the Solo, tried to re connect the hdmi and put the foam. still doesnt work. when i son the floor it gives me video as soon as it starts flying start having problems and then goes to rolling screen or black.
The controller how ever gives me full signal for the drone and i can pilot it perfectly. just the video.

any other idea?

Thanks!
It sounds like you have a problem at a connector or cable that the vibration of flight is making visible through video problem. It could be the HDMI connector in the GoPro, the gimbal, the internal HDMI cable, or the connector at the IMX6 inside the Solo and under the main board. I wouldn't rule out an antenna connection yet either, but now knowing when the problem started you'll need to look at the connections in the Solo. You will have to do some further testing to narrow it down. Start by testing the GoPro HDMI to a TV - gently wiggle the connection while connected. Then bypass the Gimbal and see if the problem goes away. Check internal HDMI cable, the connector discussed in the thread that @Maddog pointed out, and while you have the main board lifted you can check the antenna connections/wires like @RichWest pointed out - now checking them inside the Solo.

Does it do this at various resolutions and frame rates also?
Yes. And its as soon as it takes off video start having issues. I had it on the floor and people passing by and me moving around and was working fine. As soon as it took off stop video trqnsmitting.

Seems like it's gotta be a loose connection somewhere.
Possibly where HDMI cable plugs into the GoPro?
After you start engines and bring up power, does it go out before liftoff?

Seems like it's gotta be a loose connection somewhere.
Possibly where HDMI cable plugs into the GoPro?
After you start engines and bring up power, does it go out before liftoff?
Only when takes off. :( as soon as it takes off doesnt work. Thanks!

Looks like a vibration issue. Either the plug inside solo is bad or the connection to the camera is damaged.

any other idea?

Thanks!
Yes. You are going to have to take a pair of needle-nose pliers to that HDMI port on the main board. Give the port a good squeeze and then plug in the HDMI cable. Needs to be really tight. Then you need a stiff piece of foam under it to help keep the pressure on it. Mine started doing this after about a 100 flights (I log all my fly time). And I will likely have to keep doing it from time-to-time and so will you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc