No satellite view in Orbit?

Reaction score
Trying to figure out why I don't get a satellite view when using the Orbit Smart Shot-- I just see the standard Google Map. Pretty good 3G connection here and satellite view works fine in other apps and in general. I've even downloaded offline maps that cover the area I'm flying in.

Hopefully I'm missing something simple?

I run Android and have noticed recently its wants to rely on WiFi (when connected) exclusively for data connection as primary and then will revert to cellular after some time. It maybe a settings thing, but I never was concerned enough to isolate, I just turn off wifi and data streams via cellular. Just an observation from my experience with an Android phone.

There are several threads discussing satellite viewing issues. Here's one with video that may help you to a solution... Offline Maps on Solo (with video) | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

I had the same problem with my Galaxy Note 4. It seems that 3DR only cares about IOS since the android app is falling short in a couple of issues. That's one of the reasons I went with an IPad Air 2 for the Solo. This works perfectly (incomplete features that were promised notwithstanding)

I had the same problem with my Galaxy Note 4. It seems that 3DR only cares about IOS since the android app is falling short in a couple of issues. That's one of the reasons I went with an IPad Air 2 for the Solo. This works perfectly (incomplete features that were promised notwithstanding)

Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good. I'm using a Note 4 as well.
I'll check out the discussion RichWest referenced. Perhaps there's some helpful info there...

Then where is the iOS version of Tower? Where's IOS planner?

There isn't one ...from my understanding !,
It's only available on android devices apparently
Exactly. So, where are we getting this "3DR only cares about iOS," nonsense?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks