No satellite view on the gps map, just map view?

Reaction score
Website
buymultirotors.com
Hello all,

When successfully linking my Solo app to the controller and Solo, when I view my gps location, the solo app only displays my position in Google maps "Map" view and NOT Satellite view.

I went back to Google maps via my Tab S and it displays satellite view just fine.

Does the Solo app display satellite view when you view your GPS location within the app, or is it just "map view"?

Thanks!

Did you save your maps offline? When you are linked to solo it can only get Satellite maps from internet if you have a cellular connection or if you saved them prior.

Ok,

I have a Android Tab S with no cell service as my dedicated wifi Solo display. Can I use my iphone 5 with ATT phones ervice to create a wifi hot spot when I'm in the field so I cna download hte map of the area im at? Or do I have to add ATT service to the Tab S?

You cant use WiFi hotspot because you will have your WiFi connected to solo. You just need to download your maps before you connect to solo.

I see, sorry to ask this, but how do I download them in advance if im at a construction site in the middle of nowhere?

Do I download them (in advance in Google maps) whilst Im still at home with my wifi connection to home router? So if the site Im gonna fly is say in another state, I bring the location up on Google maps while at home, then save it. Then when I arrive at the site the saved maps of the area will be there?

And do I download them to my Tab S or from within the Solo app?

You cant use WiFi hotspot because you will have your WiFi connected to solo. You just need to download your maps before you connect to solo.
My s6 and iphone can connect through Bluetooth for hotspot wonder if this would work sounds dumb cause both are phones but I use the s6 with no SIM card as a solo tablet now. Just would rather do this than swap SIM card and have to go into airplane mode if I didn't want to be disturbed in solo app.

This way I'd have my phone and data for solo. Should work on Bluetooth tablets as well if it works on the s6 I'll test it tomorrow I guess. Id want to keep my phone a few feet from me to be safe but being cell data it shouldn't hurt right?

My s6 and iphone can connect through Bluetooth for hotspot wonder if this would work sounds dumb cause both are phones but I use the s6 with no SIM card as a solo tablet now. Just would rather do this than swap SIM card and have to go into airplane mode if I didn't want to be disturbed in solo app.

This way I'd have my phone and data for solo. Should work on Bluetooth tablets as well if it works on the s6 I'll test it tomorrow I guess. Id want to keep my phone a few feet from me to be safe but being cell data it shouldn't hurt right?

The Bluetooth hot spot idea sounds like a very good solution if a job is located in another state for instance and you need to video a home etc.

Can you explain how to do a bluetooth hot-spot connection between your phone and Tab?

The Bluetooth hot spot idea sounds like a very good solution if a job is located in another state for instance and you need to video a home etc.

Can you explain how to do a bluetooth hot-spot connection between your phone and Tab?
Not sure on tablet I'll check it all and write it down to post here in a bit just flew a pack but I'm going to go to a more open field here this afternoon and I'll try to test it out with the s6 and maybe my iPad or daughters android tablet to see if it'd be different or even possible with tablets.

Ok so just attempted to pair the two and my iPhone says my s6 is unsupported. Its possible someone a bit more familiar with the ins and outs of Bluetooth connectivity might have better luck changing some things to force them to pair but while in theory it seems like it will work and the options are in the devices compatibility seems to be my issue.
Maybe I'll try two android or 2 iOS devices see if they are more compatible. Seemed like a good option there is also an option to connect through usb as well but I'm not sure that would work either I'm also not sure connecting the two wouldn't damage them even if I did have an adapter for the two.

Oh well guess I'll have to swap sim for follow me and real time maps, I just hate switching sim out since I managed to brick an old cracked windows phone doing it to use the device for a gps speed meter in my Xo-1. I mean it works for wifi but the sim slot got fried I guess, I was using an adapter but not a cheap junk one hopefully it's just the adapter that caused the short ot swapping out the sims generally.

Question you guys, Does follow me only work with a SIM card device? I have an android device with GPS and it does the maps just fine but solo won't follow me using it, stick the I phone 5 in and follow me works. What's the reasoning behind this does anyone know because the GPS updates just as fast, or it seems to.

Question you guys, Does follow me only work with a SIM card device? I have an android device with GPS and it does the maps just fine but solo won't follow me using it, stick the I phone 5 in and follow me works. What's the reasoning behind this does anyone know because the GPS updates just as fast, or it seems to.

No need SIM card. Check your android, what location service it is using ? In Samsung there are 3 choices, choose GPS only and turn on the LOCATION feature.

EDIT :
Also install an App to see how good your GPS in Android is getting GPS signals.
Try "GPS Data"
GPS Data - Android Apps on Google Play

Good luck.

No need SIM card. Check your android, what location service it is using ? In Samsung there are 3 choices, choose GPS only and turn on the LOCATION feature.

EDIT :
Also install an App to see how good your GPS in Android is getting GPS signals.
Try "GPS Data"
GPS Data - Android Apps on Google Play

Good luck.
Thank you, very much I actually had it set to WIFI and GPS so have changed it to GPS only and will give it a go tomorrow.
Yes it made me wonder about the SIM card cause GPS has got to be as accurate if not more so. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44