No live view with solex

Reaction score
I installed Solex on my 3DR Solo and cannot get live view on my recently acquired Samsung Tab A. The factory gimbal is working, as is the telemetry and GPS map view.
It last worked with my Samsung S6 and the 3DR Ap.

Solex is installed on your Android device...not your Solo.......Solex is an app.....what version of Solex.....???

Solex is installed on your Android device...not your Solo.......Solex is an app.....what version of Solex.....???
I have Solex v1.8.5 installed on a Samsung TabA version T597PVPU1ASA2 (recent). I have left the controller and drone unchanged. I use a Hero 4 with v5.00.
UPDATE: I got liveview to come up. All I got was a still image of the takeoff location. This remained thru a shut down and two battery changes. I had a hard landing after the first launch. Could there be a wire connection issue? Would a firmware upgrade be useful?

Last edited:
I got it working. I unplugged the HDMI connection to the gimbal circuit board, reseated it. Now I get live view view, but no map view. This may be a Samsung issue, though it usually worked with my S-6. I will try loading a map before switching to wifi. I'm waiting for it to stop raining so I can fly again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo