no picture from go pro in solo app

Reaction score
today I can't get picture in the app at all. It worked fine yesterday but just will not show picture at all today. Solo link is connected, drone searching for gps, no picture. I've tried cycling the power on solo, controller and go pro... No luck. Tried removing and reattaching the go pro from the HDMI connector (several times) and no luck... Wth?!

today I can't get picture in the app at all. It worked fine yesterday but just will not show picture at all today. Solo link is connected, drone searching for gps, no picture. I've tried cycling the power on solo, controller and go pro... No luck. Tried removing and reattaching the go pro from the HDMI connector (several times) and no luck... Wth?!
If you are sure the cable is in good, try completely closing the app and restarting. If that fails, re-start the tablet.

Mine did this and updating the firmware on my gopro 3+ black "seems" to have fixed it.

Jim... I answered my own question via youtube then via GoPro home page Thanx!!

One thing that happens when you update the firmware on the GoPro is it changes it from NTSC to PAL. You'll have to go back into the camera setting and change it back to NTSC if you want a video on the tablet.

One thing that happens when you update the firmware on the GoPro is it changes it from NTSC to PAL. You'll have to go back into the camera setting and change it back to NTSC if you want a video on the tablet.
Yeah I have all parameters setup NTSC, wireless, 1080/30 ,cord secured in, rebooted iPad, restarted in every configuration=it is a hardware problem. New HDMI micro cord to be shipped soon.

Is it a Hero3+ Black? I can't get mine to work anymore and there have been other reports of the same. My Hero4 works perfectly.

Is it a Hero3+ Black? I can't get mine to work anymore and there have been other reports of the same. My Hero4 works perfectly.
mine is a hero 4 black. I also hooked up a hero 3+ still no video. I factory reset the solo ... I did EVERYTHING possible. nothing!

Hey guys, When I updated my hero4 silver I thought I was having the same issue, no video feed after the update. I emailed 3dr and they said, all there firmware is up to date for the latest gopro firmware and should not effect the video feed. After I went back and played with solo some I found that my HDMI cable was not in all the way. Make SURE the cable is snapped into the HDMI port all the way. I have found that it looks like it is all the way in, but it is not. It should have a little click and be flush with the side of the gopro when it is in all the way. Also be sure to power up solo in the correct order to avoid any connection issues.
1.Controller
2.SOLO
3.GOPRO
4.WIFI
5.APP
I have not had an issue ever since. Hope this helps.

You may not want to "snap" the HDMI into the GoPro. Pushing too hard may dislodge the port resulting in no connection. There have been a lot of complaints of such an issue. The stiff HDMI cable should be pulled slightly out of the camera so it doesn't put tension the HDMI port.

As I noted in another post I had the same video problems. Finally 3dr suggested I reboot my iPad. So far this has fixed it every time. Give it a try

Reboot did not work for me and as someone pointed out , Look at the end of the HDMI cable with a magnifying glass to see if some pins are out of place and sure enough there were 3 pins exposed and bent in side I tried using my jewelers tools to straighten them but I can't - it is defective and I heard that there was a batch of cords that got through quality control.

This just happened to me I had no video footage in the app. I went to best buy and got an HDMI cable and called 3dr they sent me an instruction guide to replace the cable. It was pretty easy to fix took 30 min.

This just happened to me I had no video footage in the app. I went to best buy and got an HDMI cable and called 3dr they sent me an instruction guide to replace the cable. It was pretty easy to fix took 30 min.
Do you have the product # of the item you replaced?

Can you plug your controller into a TV or monitor via HDMI? If you can, check for a Booting on the top left that flashes on and off.

If you see that the way to fix it is to:
1) Factory reset the controller only
2) Re-bind the solo to controller
3) Re-Update the firmware.

Was the instruction guide via email? Any way you can post? I'm waiting for a hdmi 6 inch right angle. Thanks

Ya what's your email I'll send it through. The file is 4mb so it won't let me upload here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44