No Live Feed?

Wow... Sorry.....

No choice but call them again.. Explain the whole thing from scratch... Considering what you have seen, I might ask for a new one.

That's actually what is most frustrating. This IS a new one that they sent me when this same thing happened with my first one....

That's actually what is most frustrating. This IS a new one that they sent me when this same thing happened with my first one....
Yes I remember... But... As utterly frustrating as it is.... It is what it is...

I would call and start from the beginning... Uber frustrating, but the good thing about these things is there is an answer, you just have to find it... Once you do. it will all make sense... Yahhh I know... no help now....

It could be two bad units? Or it could be something you are doing? Or possibly your camera is taking out the Solo? I am very lucky in that I have two Solo's, and so can compare results...

I would call them (which you will have to do to RMA anyway) and go through it again.... With an engineer.... If you get a new... new.... Solo, I would start all new stuff (phone, GoPro software, etc.) even if I had to get them and take them back later, and get it working. Then start working backward from the other end carefully swapping components until it stops working... Then you will know...

Last edited:
This is the only reason I haven't suggested it's your cable. What are the chances of 2 bad HDMI cables in a row. But if it's not your cable, then it's got to be your GoPro (without reading back thru this thread, I'm sure you updated your GoPro firmware). As others have suggested, goto BestBuy and buy a new GoPro. Test it. Then return it if it doesn't work.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Thanks all! I just had to turn controller on and turn solo on and plug in the go pro then turn that on. It first showed blank screen. I unplugged and replugged and it works great with no other issues.

Thanks all for helping!

Having the same issue. Multiple flawless flights, then black screen. GP3+. After going through the whole rigmarole I got nothing better than this:image.jpgimage.jpg

Talked to Casey at 3DR today. They're looking at logs...

Having the same issue. Multiple flawless flights, then black screen. GP3+. After going through the whole rigmarole I got nothing better than this:View attachment 903View attachment 904

Talked to Casey at 3DR today. They're looking at logs...
Did you update your Solution app and the firmware on your controller and on the Solo itself?

After doing that, make sure to update your GoPro firmware.

Pretty sure it's not the GoPro, GoPro is flawless to any other TV via HDMI. Also, since I live in Alaska, unfortunately there is no Best Buy closer than about 800 miles by air from me. I am trying to get ahold of another GoPro, but I would be willing to bet a good deal of money that it's not the GoPro. I actually got a rare sunny day today and messed around with every combination there is as far as start up order, GoPro setting, restart everything, reinstall app. I also tried to run a HDMI cable from the controller to a TV and the TV 'autoswitched' from 1080P to 1280x720, but stayed black, just like the phone has been doing. I am starting to have a hunch that either I am just very unlucky, or there are a fair number of bungled installs of the HDMI cord.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44