No Fly Zones too large for Australia in version 2.0

Reaction score
Just noticed that the no fly zones in the new app are too large for Australia. CASA rules set the no fly radius to 5.5 kms (3NM), it is 5 miles for US?

An example for Moorabbin airport in Melbourne, from the app:

Screenshot_2016-02-12-10-47-42.png
and from the CASA web site:

Screenshot 2016-02-12 10.49.48.png

Not much of a difference but annoying nonetheless.

As I was mentioning earlier on another thread it seems that Airmap has some work to go, there is a mind boggling number of airports and heliports worldwide. Also in the software update notes it is mentioned you can use Solo app to contact the tower for that airport, so far haven't seen anywhere how this works.

I'm on the Gold Coast and I have tried every flight map app on the app store and the best one to use for Australia is 'Safe to Fly?' check it out on the Apple App Store. I'm pretty sure WickED copters has something to do with the development (their logo is in the top left corner of the app).

Mine lists the airfield of a local AMA club as a real airport, and a no fly zone because of it!!! Talmage Field in Calverton NY. The field belongs to the SEFLI electric rc flight club :p

@RolandS888 Do you have a screen shot of its logo, I've searched 'ozrunways' and there is three options:

Ozrunways EFB

Which I'm guessing is it. Hence EFB = electronic flight bag!

Or

NAIPS? Wtf

And

RWY Go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you in Perth? Do you have many restricted places over there. On the GC there is not many places you can fly legally. And I keep seeing one guy called (left intentionally blank) on Instagram and Facebook always flying within restricted airspace at Snapper Rocks in Coolangatta. He apparently has an RPC but no UOC, really annoys me that I follow the rules and see everyone else around me breaking them and illegally getting shots I'd love to get but can't (legally).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44