Hold to Fly Button does not function.

Reaction score
Hey guys... I've searched for an answer too this here and elsewhere, but so far, no results.

Have just purchased a Solo "floor model" S112A which I believe to be unused. Went through the standard startup procedure, software update, etc.. The Hold to Fly Button worked one time, and then, never again. When I press the hold to fly button, I get no green indicator bar on controller and no sound from drone. Controller sees 10-11 satellites and indicates "Ready to Fly". I am able to start motors via the throttle joystick (hold down-right) and also through Tower. As a last resort, I did do a factory reset, but no change.

Just wondering if once I updated the Solo App with my location, which happens to be within 5 mi radius of an airport, it locked out the Hold to Fly button? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sticky/stuck button(s) maybe... If so, then a few thread here on the forum provide a guide to resolve...

The app is not required to fly. Try taking off in FLY: MANUAL. Maybe your HDOP is high causing some problems. This is marginal advice at best.

No, that's badness somewhere in the software stack. The stick commands work, which means it is probably in the controller.

I'd not be surprised if the MicroSD card were working loose or becoming corrupted. If you know anyone with a Solo, try pairing their controller to your bird and see what the result is.

If you can't find someone with a solo ,I have a extra you can borrow. Just pay postage and if it fixes it you can buy it for $35 or just return it.

The app is not required to fly. Try taking off in FLY: MANUAL. Maybe your HDOP is high causing some problems. This is marginal advice at best.

David... HDOP is running about 1.0 w/ 9 SATS and I'm not receiving any errors, so I don't think that's it... (had no idea what HDOP was and had to do some reading up on it...) I'm learning a lot through this process and I appreciate the input!!!

No, that's badness somewhere in the software stack. The stick commands work, which means it is probably in the controller.

I'd not be surprised if the MicroSD card were working loose or becoming corrupted. If you know anyone with a Solo, try pairing their controller to your bird and see what the result is.

I think you may be right, Bruce... Gonna try that next. Thanks!

If you can't find someone with a solo ,I have a extra you can borrow. Just pay postage and if it fixes it you can buy it for $35 or just return it.

Dave... I really appreciate that! I've got another Solo on order ( yes, I'm a glutton for punishment ), new from B&H this time. I'll pair that controller and see what happens. If it works, I'd probably like to go ahead and buy your controller. Will let you know. Thanks!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado