No flight lines in Tower survey mission

Thanks Jubair, I have one more basic/stupid question: how do I "take control" , do the flight controls
override the mission any time I use them, or do I hit the pause button, etc? Also at the end of the mission (last way-point) does it go into loiter and that gives me manual control. I had some interesting scenarios with the Phantom 2, and don't want a repeat with the SOLO.
At your last WP Solo will be in Fly (Loiter) mode where you can fly it from there. After creating a mission in Tower and I go to upload it, I generally let Tower add the takeoff/land WPs to the mission, but I rarely use them I take off in manual mode and when I am close to the mission area I will then hit Auto on the screen. After the mission is done, I will let it fly towards home point but then hit my Manual button and either land it or fly around more to use the battery up. If I need to pause during the mission, I will tap the Pause button on the Tower screen, or if I want to cancel and fly it my self I will hit the manual key.

At your last WP Solo will be in Fly (Loiter) mode where you can fly it from there. After creating a mission in Tower and I go to upload it, I generally let Tower add the takeoff/land WPs to the mission, but I rarely use them I take off in manual mode and when I am close to the mission area I will then hit Auto on the screen. After the mission is done, I will let it fly towards home point but then hit my Manual button and either land it or fly around more to use the battery up. If I need to pause during the mission, I will tap the Pause button on the Tower screen, or if I want to cancel and fly it my self I will hit the manual key.

The questions never end. Where is the manual key? Is it "B" or do you have to somehow assign manual to "B"

thanks
Pete

I did find how to assign "B" to manual flight using the solo app.

I have programmed my "B" button for manual flight mode, how do I return to GPS flight mode.
Today I put it in manual mode, and thought if I pressed the "B" button again it would return to GPS mode, it didn't. After I landed I had to turn everything off to get it back to GPS flight mode .

I have programmed my "B" button for manual flight mode, how do I return to GPS flight mode.
Today I put it in manual mode, and thought if I pressed the "B" button again it would return to GPS mode, it didn't. After I landed I had to turn everything off to get it back to GPS flight mode .
You can go back and forth between Manual and Fly be tapping the Fly button to get back in to Fly, then B to get back in to manual. That is the same way I have it set up.

Thanks again Jubair for your information. Glad you are active in this forum.

you should use photo mode as missions that utilize camera commands can directly trigger the gopro. so survey, scans or regular missions with camera commands will trigger the gopro automatically.
Will the gopro geotag the images if the tower is triggering it to take pictures? I hope to get out and try tower and survey this weekend. Hoping to be able to skip the step of manually tagging the photos.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Will the gopro geotag the images if the tower is triggering it to take pictures? I hope to get out and try tower and survey this weekend. Hoping to be able to skip the step of manually tagging the photos.

No, you will still have to Geotag. But you can make it easier and more accurate by being sure to 'synch' the time between the GP and tablet. To do this, use the GP app on the tablet and turn on the GP WiFi. Go to settings in the GP app and select Set date/time. It will read the clock of the tablet.

No, you will still have to Geotag. But you can make it easier and more accurate by being sure to 'synch' the time between the GP and tablet. To do this, use the GP app on the tablet and turn on the GP WiFi. Go to settings in the GP app and select Set date/time. It will read the clock of the tablet.
Thanks

Jubair,
Is the tower default speed in MPH or FT/Sec? I have been using the speed10, assuming it is 10 MPH which equals 15ft/sec, yet neither 10 or 15 computes out as per the mission distance and flight time as shown at the top right-hand screen. I have v3.2.0

Jubair,
Is the tower default speed in MPH or FT/Sec? I have been using the speed10, assuming it is 10 MPH which equals 15ft/sec, yet neither 10 or 15 computes out as per the mission distance and flight time as shown at the top right-hand screen. I have v3.2.0
I think it depends on what you have set for the "Unit System" set in the "User Interface". I'm set to use "Imperial System" and get mph. You should see "mph" listed on the right side for your screen in Tower for horizontal speed (hs) and vertical speed (vs). I've verified if I set the speed at 10mph, Solo flies at 10mph (according to the log files). Note that 10mph is 36.6666 ft/sec (not 15ft/sec).

I think it depends on what you have set for the "Unit System" set in the "User Interface". I'm set to use "Imperial System" and get mph. You should see "mph" listed on the right side for your screen in Tower for horizontal speed (hs) and vertical speed (vs). I've verified if I set the speed at 10mph, Solo flies at 10mph (according to the log files). Note that 10mph is 36.6666 ft/sec (not 15ft/sec).[/QUOTE

Thanks for the input but 10MPH is 14.666 ft/sec. I had computed it long hand and also with a conversion calculator

Thanks for the input, but 10mph is 14.666ft/sec. I had computed it long hand and also with a conversion calculator

Thanks for the input, but 10mph is 14.666ft/sec. I had computed it long hand and also with a conversion calculator
Your so right on the conversion. I also used a converter. I know what I did. I was also converting 25mph and that's 36.6666. Got the two reversed. Thanks!

Thanks Jubair, I have one more basic/stupid question: how do I "take control" , do the flight controls
override the mission any time I use them, or do I hit the pause button, etc? Also at the end of the mission (last way-point) does it go into loiter and that gives me manual control. I had some interesting scenarios with the Phantom 2, and don't want a repeat with the SOLO.
A tower question: My flight lines in tower are always oriented N/S, is there a way to select a different orientation?

A tower question: My flight lines in tower are always oriented N/S, is there a way to select a different orientation?
Hey Ketch, In the flight editor mode, on the menu on the right hand side of the screen there is an option called "hatch angle" adjusting this will adjust the orientation of survey lines.

Reactions: perkele
Hey Ketch, In the flight editor mode, on the menu on the right hand side of the screen there is an option called "hatch angle" adjusting this will adjust the orientation of survey lines.
Thank you Lawrence, I would never have associated hatch angle for direction of flight lines.
Curious; why do they call it hatch angle, as a surveyor I have never came upon that term.

Thank you Lawrence, I would never have associated hatch angle for direction of flight lines.
Curious; why do they call it hatch angle, as a surveyor I have never came upon that term.

i believe that it comes from the 3d world. in 3d you can draw a polygon and fill it with pattern, solid color or gradient. in tower, you draw a polygon around the region to survey and tower automatically fills it with a hatching pattern which is the optimal flight path. the angle is relative to the xy plane.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo