Reaction score
Hello. New solo pilot here. Good to bump in this forum, a lot of information & ideas. Hope to gain some & share some.

Got a first Q. Please direct me to thread if this was ask before or been discussed.
Is there any third party vendor for a carbon fiber prop? Thanks!

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Oh and welcome to the forum, it's the best place I've found for info and conversation without much of the childish arguing, disagreeing sure but mostly respectful. There's a couple a holes here but you'll spot them quick and there's always ignore if needed.

Thanks Adi! Btw, Check out my little project that might solves everyone's dilemma.

Hello. New solo pilot here. Good to bump in this forum, a lot of information & ideas. Hope to gain some & share some.

Got a first Q. Please direct me to thread if this was ask before or been discussed.
Is there any third party vendor for a carbon fiber prop? Thanks!
The P3 props fit, and they have recently been discussed at length in relation to Solo on the Solo Mod Club FB group. Log into Facebook | Facebook

The bottom line is that while slightly lighter, they are much stiffer, and so make Solo more "twitchey" which could be good for racing, acro, etc. but not as good for Video.

The quality of these props so far has also not been good, and along with balancing being needed, the people that have them are pretty concerned about them coming apart.

Last, they are a bit dangerous. Because they are stiffer, they have a tendency to cut like a knife. One of the testers on the FB group actually got 17 stitches..... Apparently Myth Busters recently did a test, and the flexible props like Solo uses were the ones that didn't seriously hurt people.

I actually have two pair of CF props I bought for a P3, and did spin them on the Solo to see if they fit. After reading the reviews on the Mod Club site though, I put them back in the pack.

The stock props actually work great, and I have a bunch all balanced up.

Welcome :)

Last edited:
Duh yea I forgot I was afraid to try the cf ones on solo it was my solo props that fit on my p2 but were a hair long. I was beat last night after having issues fixing my car and messed up. Yea my stock p2 props won't fit solo cause the step under the solo motors threads but my generic cf p2 ones will I've just been nervous to use them cause there not exactly top shelf IMO.

Sorry for the misinformation I'll delete that late night post. Lol. Cf props look nice but ice not had great luck with them just yet, maybe if I shell out the money for the good ones they'd be better. I'm pretty happy with the solo ones and I'd rather break a prop than have all that impact on my motor if something does go wrong personally.

Anybody else seem to see a lot more birds going after solo than phantom, I rarely ever saw any around my p2. Maybe it's the sounds more like a certain insect or the color being easier to see for the birds but I've had a ton of little birds, bats and a few Hawks, one with about a 3 to 4 foot wingspan try to take my solo on. It's odd even the small ones arent scared, their the ones I've had nearly touch my GoPro lense. I'm worried ones going to get hit and kill solo and itself, with cf I guess solo would have a better chance but the bird sure wouldn't. Now whether that's a plus or minus depends on who ya ask I guess. I'm still undecided on that one solo is an expensive lil guy but it's tough so most likley the props and gimbal would take most of the damage.

Reactions: Boracay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo