Thanks for having me

Reaction score
Hello. I am a newbie UAS pilot, born out of my employment. I decided to acquire my own Solo quadcopter to improve my proficiency on my own time. I see this forum has a wealth of information. I hope to glean guidance and help to set me on my way, and perhaps someday I can contribute back some wealth. Thanks for having me.

Hello. I am a newbie UAS pilot, born out of my employment. I decided to acquire my own Solo quadcopter to improve my proficiency on my own time. I see this forum has a wealth of information. I hope to glean guidance and help to set me on my way, and perhaps someday I can contribute back some wealth. Thanks for having me.

You might want to follow Drone Worship's video to see if you can get the simulator to work.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Unfortunately the simulator isn't very well featured and only gives you the barest of information (no practicing of smart shots, no unexpected weather inputs, no sudden signal/compass/gps loss...). Pretty sure if you hunt around the forums you'll find a lot of good tips for beginners on flying. Best of which is RTFM! :D There is some very good and useful information in there.

Welcome aboard! We need all the the talent we can get. The Sim is a hoot. Yep, only basic stuff but that's the point of it, to acquaint new commers to the Solo back when UAS was moving past the DYI stage. My favorite is to land on the moving yacht. But you first need to upgrade the Sim with the Green Cube! (Just kidding, GC adds Boat Mode if you decide to upgrade.)

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea