Newbie...Most Important Initial "Additional" Items for 3DR Solo?

Hello everyone...

Well, I snagged one of those eBay specials. The kit comes with standard props, battery, etc. and standard GPS (not sure if it's the latest version, but hoping so). I am pairing it with a GoPro Hero3 White for right now until I can afford a cam upgrade for more cam/drone functionality.

I plan to eventually use the UAV for commercial use. I am an experienced R/C plane operator. But never had a decent drone.

I thought some experienced guys might tell me if I need any immediate hardware upgrades. etc before beginning the learning process of operating. I will also need to probably update to latest firmware, etc.

I am using an iPhone 6Plus right now as my monitor/link, but do intend to find a decent iPad Mini 4 or so with 10.3 or earlier on it to use (I saw that 11 will probably not be supported as Solo is no longer in business).

I do not have a gimbal at present, but is that the most important thing to learn on? I saw several posts about GPS problems, and looked up the upgrades mentioned. Hopefully I can fly it out of the box, but maybe I need some other things. Extra Props from the get-go? Other things?

Any help from the pros on here? All input is appreciated, and valued.

Thanks so much!
Kevin

PS: Currently studying for my FAA UAV (107) Pilot License. I plan to take that test asap. Thanks!
Digging up and old thread.. So vic3rose - how did it go?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl