Newbie here needs help

Reaction score
Was wandering, when flying the dr3 will this use up data on my iphone 6s? And what about the prop guards are they a good thing to have or not? Love this drone its my first and cant believe how easy it is to fly but still very nervous with it.

So basically with the newest iPhone update what tends to happen is your "cellular data" needs to be turned off in order for the app to connect to the remote and remote to solo. If you want to constantly land on ground my suggestion is go ahead and get the guards, otherwise use your hand to grab it from the bottom as it lands, thats what I've been doing so far (too many prop replacements. And also you might as well do the GPS Mod while you are at it. I used cardboard from the solo box itself. Happy flying!

So basically with the newest iPhone update what tends to happen is your "cellular data" needs to be turned off in order for the app to connect to the remote and remote to solo. If you want to constantly land on ground my suggestion is go ahead and get the guards, otherwise use your hand to grab it from the bottom as it lands, thats what I've been doing so far (too many prop replacements. And also you might as well do the GPS Mod while you are at it. I used cardboard from the solo box itself. Happy flying!
Thanks for the reply. Grabbing the dr3 seems quite dangerous to me

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its easy, I learned it from the guy who is the pro at this drone.

A note about prop guards- probably a good idea if you need to fly close to structures, or near people or other living/vulnerable things. Not a good idea if you're flying close to trees. Learned this with a smaller, cheaper drone a while ago. The prop guards work just like a grappling hook, great for snagging branches and hanging your bird up like a christmas ornament. Fortunately, I hung it low enough to reach and recover. Took the prop guards off and have rarely used them since.

I vote against prop guards unless you needed to fly indoors or very close to people. They will get in the way (snag trees, or flex into prop) more than they help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ivanh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44