New to solo. Having issues

Not really but I do a lot of lurking and reading here to alleviate boredom out here in the Florida Woods, but you can grill me at any time if I can help I'll try no problem welcome to the Forums btw..
I live down in homestead fl. Not the woods but pretty boring.

Reactions: XevetS
Not really but I do a lot of lurking and reading here to alleviate boredom out here in the Florida Woods, but you can grill me at any time if I can help I'll try no problem welcome to the Forums btw..

Hello Again and thanks i really appreciate this.

Maybe you can let me know what i definitly should do with my 3dr now. I mean are there some general thinks i should change or just fly as long as it works without problems.

Im totally new to this stuff and in englisch it is hard for me to explain :)

Thanks and greeting from Switzerland to Florida :)

If its working for you just go ahead and fly it around for a while, one upgrade that is free is Open Solo its the future of the Solo.. If you have a stock Solo Open-Solo will update the Ardupilot firmware to version 1.5.4 and install the latest open-source software on the controller, there is a how to in @Pedals2Paddles signature.

solexfinalgrey_1.png You need either Solex (Android) Solex

sidepilot.jpg Or SidePilot (Apple users) SidePilot - iOS Ground Station

Another upgrade is to the GPS in the Solo, you can also easily upgrade the controller antennas for about 20 dollars US with a pair of ALFA paddle antennas they have great range and a lot of the forum members swear by them..The flight controller can also be upgraded to the latest PixHawk 2.1 aka the greencube for Solo..and you can upgrade the Props..

os3_smalll.jpg Open-Solo info>> New Year, New Solo! Open Solo 3.0.0 released

mro.jpg mRo GPS upgrade >>> mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade (New)

heregps.jpg The HERE GPS upgrade highly recommended >>>>HERE GNSS Solo GPS Kit

alfa.jpg ALFA antenna upgrade >>> 2.4HGz Panel Screw On Swivel Antenna for Alfa Network Adaptors 3DR Solo Drone | eBay

Solo-Black-v4_b8e33006-31ea-4742-831b-025c95f380e5_compact.jpg MasterAirscrews >>> 3DR Solo Propeller Upgrade - BLACK - Master Airscrew 10x4.5 MR Propeller

CUBE_GREEN2-180x180.png And last but not least the infamous GreenCube >>> The Cube Only, for 3DR's Solo Platform, this is Experimental

My GreenCube'd Solo with HERE GPS/Compass
greencubehere.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RichWest
So I need to purchase the solex app to get open solo right?

Also thanks a lot for all this info. This is great and saving me from tracking it all down. That is a really nice drone you have got.

So I need to purchase the solex app to get open solo right?
No you do not but the install becomes much more complex without the App, it is recommended to either install Solex for android or SidePilot for Apple users...Just read the documentation 12 times over provided by @Pedals2Paddles and then read it 3 more times and you should be good to install...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennyc
No you do not but the install becomes much more complex without the App it is recommended to either install Solex for android or SidePilot for Apple users...Just read the documentation 12 times over provided by @Pedals2Paddles and then read it 3 more times and you should be good to install...
Haha ok will do!

Also thanks a lot for all this info. This is great and saving me from tracking it all down. That is a really nice drone you have got.
Believe me once you have the upgrade bug yours will also look like mine or better, it's a disease lol....o_O Just ask @IrishmanPDX I think he has around 19 fully decked out modded Solo's

OK maybe I exaggerated slightly..

Reactions: Lennyc
Believe me once you have the upgrade bug yours will also look like mine or better, it's a disease lol....o_O Just ask @IrishmanPDX I think he has around 19 fully decked out modded Solo's

OK maybe I exaggerated slightly..
Yeah I am sure about that bug. I just ordered the props. Will order the ublox this week. The green cube is out of stock. So I will look around. And update with solex tonight if I have time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig