New to 3Dr Solo... consensus on best GoPro software Version?

Reaction score
Hello All...

I purchased a 3DR Solo and am new to everything. I've read posts from various sources about the good/bad of Gopro software versions. I'm using a Hero 4 Black and I'm wondering what is the best software version of the Gopro to work with the drone now in 2017. Thanks in advance for your input....

There can be no consensus because it depends on which features you need and which features you can do without. Version 3 makes the camera turn on automatically when Solo is turned on, but version 5 doesn't do that. Some people find that feature a "must-have" but others don't mind turning on the camera manually. Version 5 offers the "linear" mode (performs a de-fisheye effect in realtime) but version 3 does not, and again, people disagree about how essential that feature is. Also version 5 offers the new control features introduced in version 4 (none of which can be controlled by the Solo app but which can be set on-camera before launch). So you have to decide which features you prefer, and go with that version. I personally find linear mode to be awesome, so I use version 5, but many here use version 3 to avoid having to turn on the camera manually. No consensus.

There can be no consensus because it depends on which features you need and which features you can do without. Version 3 makes the camera turn on automatically when Solo is turned on, but version 5 doesn't do that. Some people find that feature a "must-have" but others don't mind turning on the camera manually. Version 5 offers the "linear" mode (performs a de-fisheye effect in realtime) but version 3 does not, and again, people disagree about how essential that feature is. Also version 5 offers the new control features introduced in version 4 (none of which can be controlled by the Solo app but which can be set on-camera before launch). So you have to decide which features you prefer, and go with that version. I personally find linear mode to be awesome, so I use version 5, but many here use version 3 to avoid having to turn on the camera manually. No consensus.
Thanks very much for your help... Think I'll update to version 5 as i don't mind turning it on/off. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig