New Solo problems

Reaction score
So I am new here and to Solo, I received my Solo and gimbal this morning. I inboxed everything charged the remote, battery, and installed the gimbal. Got all that done and powered up everything to do the update and after it has been on for about 10 seconds the solo starts beeping and does not stop until I turn it off. I even toughed it out with the beeping and got the update done. I haven't been able to get it to fly. Long story short I am aggravated, I sent in a ticket to 3DR help but haven't got anything back yet. Any ideas

Call tech support at 1 (855) 982-2898. Much faster service and they are there 24/7.

Did you leave the foam block in the gimbal when it turned on?

That foam prevents it from moving, and the gimbal fights to move and can buzz or whine.

Did you leave the foam block in the gimbal when it turned on?

That foam prevents it from moving, and the gimbal fights to move and can buzz or whine.
I removed the block, I even removed the gimbal completely from the solo and it still does it

Please check the links on this page and let us know which, if any, sounds like the beeps your Solo is making. They each correspond to a specific problem, and knowing which would help us suggest a possible solution.

common-Sounds (Pixhawk/PX4) | Copter
Honestly it doesn't sound like any of them to me, but I will listen to it again in the morning and check back just to be sure

Well, talked to 3DR this morning and the guy told me that it's not good. Pretty much the tone of death for the GPS. They sent me a shipping label and they are shipping me a new Solo

Reactions: PdxSteve
Sucks that you received a DOA unit, but nice to see 3DR's support is still impossible to beat.

They are actually going to overnight the Solo to me. Just talked to them on the phone again, that is the only thing that kept me from telling them to just refund me and I am sending the unit back. I am extremely pleased with the customer service so far.

Reactions: Bob I. and Maddog
They are actually going to overnight the Solo to me. Just talked to them on the phone again, that is the only thing that kept me from telling them to just refund me and I am sending the unit back. I am extremely pleased with the customer service so far.
Excellent- glad to hear that! Ya gotta at least try it out before ya give it back!:)

3DR is not for the impatient.
They take their time with releases of all kinds.
support can be slow to some, but is much faster than the competition.
Try not to judge them by what you may have experienced else where, remain calm and solo on

Reactions: Bob I.
Well they didn't overnight me one like they said then just kept on and on so I am working on my refund now which is a whole other nightmare. I filed a case with PayPal since they haven't sent my money back when they said they were going to. It's just a mess but I am big on don't tell me your going to do it then not do it. Far as I'm concerned it's their loss

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44