New Solo, New Problem!

Reaction score
So I took out my brand new Solo today and I had another brand new (to me) problem. Connection issues. As in the thing is 20 feet away and it's looking for Solo. In fact, it lost connection, I set the RTH altitude to 210 feet, so it shot up to that height and hovered there until it almost ran out of battery before it landed. In fact, it ran out in the last 5 feet or so which broke my Polar Pro leg extensions and goobered the gimbal a little. Luckily, I remembered to kill the power with A+B+ FLY or I would have had a tip over for sure!

Now the good news. I don't know if this new one is charmed GPS wise or whatever but I got RTF in maybe 20-30 seconds every time today! Seriously, I barely turn it and the controller on and I didn't have time to get my tablet in the holder before it was RTF! Solo had to wait for me to get the props on.

Also, the new Hero 4 Black I got worked perfectly as well. The filter I used was way too dark unless I was flying into the sun but it adds a different feel to the video. I'll need to experiment further.

The Relish 3D leg sliders are a bit of a pain to use but there is no hint of leg in my video now. Also, the Relish 3D Go Pro clip is perfect! It allows me to hook up the Go Pro to my computer without removing it from the gimbal.

Speaking of the gimbal, I'll need to test it further but it seems to have "fixed" itself. It seems to have re-aligned" itself and it's back to level.

All in all, it was a good flight today. It's too bad the first run turned out flakey but it didn't fly away or get destroyed. I got some decent footage once I got everything working after the "crash". I'll try a level calibration to get the gimbal back on track, it's still a little off.

It's good to be back into the air!

I have the exact same problem. I have flown 4 times. Every time it disconnects almost straight away and performs RTH. Have done factory reset and re-pair but nothing helps.

I have the exact same problem. I have flown 4 times. Every time it disconnects almost straight away and performs RTH. Have done factory reset and re-pair but nothing helps.

I don't know if this will help but have you tried a different tablet or phone? Also, it seemed to help turning the blue tooth off. When I tried it with a different device, the problem seems to have gone away. I also, hate to admit it, had a loose ant before that caused me some issues. Just a couple thoughts. Good luck!

Make sure your controller antennas are tight and NOT pointing at the aircraft. Proper orientation is pointed down and slightly out (see manual for image). If this is the case I would suspect a loose antenna connection, either inside the controller or aircraft.

Make sure your controller antennas are tight and NOT pointing at the aircraft. Proper orientation is pointed down and slightly out (see manual for image). If this is the case I would suspect a loose antenna connection, either inside the controller or aircraft.

Fixed it! It was a bad connection in the Solo! Bleh! This goes back to what I've said in the past, I really think that a large portion of Solo's issues are often related to loose fittings/wires and poor assembly quality control. When the calibration went out on my last unit, I literally smacked it on the bottom and it started working again. When this unit crashed (a few feet), the gimbal quit working until I took it apart and jiggled the plugs and now it works again. I honestly think that if they would have tightened up on their QC just a little bit 3DR would still be in the game.

Fixed it! It was a bad connection in the Solo! Bleh! This goes back to what I've said in the past, I really think that a large portion of Solo's issues are often related to loose fittings/wires and poor assembly quality control. When the calibration went out on my last unit, I literally smacked it on the bottom and it started working again. When this unit crashed (a few feet), the gimbal quit working until I took it apart and jiggled the plugs and now it works again. I honestly think that if they would have tightened up on their QC just a little bit 3DR would still be in the game.

I took my transmitter apart and liquid taped the wifi wires... been hesitating taking apart the Solo to do the same, but maybe I need to do this. The random (and frequent) lost connections are driving me crazy.

I took my transmitter apart and liquid taped the wifi wires... been hesitating taking apart the Solo to do the same, but maybe I need to do this. The random (and frequent) lost connections are driving me crazy.

I have the GPS shield coming and when that comes in, I plan to do a close inspection of the connections.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc