New Solo Case from GPC Just came in..

Reaction score
Thought I would share couple pics of my new GoProfessional Cases. Firt of all, it is very well laid out and smaller than I was expecting. As you can see, it is only slightly larger than the Solo shipping box. Plenty of room for batteries, props, chargers, GoPro and GoPro spare battery, and your tablet. Nice foam and great build quality with a place for 2 locks on the outside. It was on back order for some time, they said they had to make a change that had to do with the Gimbal. Here is the link..
http://goprofessionalcases.com/gpc-3dr-solo-1.html

CUS8iw

ugo5hY

Last edited:
Reactions: 808roller
Your images appear as red Xs on my feed. Off to google the case...

I'd get one if I were to travel via airline. Otherwise a backpack (my generic one) works nicely.
But if you travel a lot that case should be very handy.

That is a nice case!
I just realized I have one almost the same dimensions at home, still in the shrink wrap, with pick and pluck foam! It might be 1/2 inch shallower than the GoProfessional case - will have to check it out when I get home.
This is the case:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24120

Very nice my bank account curses you however I say thank you kind sir.

So far I simply sprayed the heck out of my starter case with plasti dip spray and it actually works and looks really nice, it soaks in a bit at first so takes a bit to smooth it out but is sturdy and water resistant now. Almost seems like it soaking in at first made the shell overall sturdier too, for ten bucks well worth it while waiting.

Is this shipping ASAP or is there likely to be a wait to recieve one. I wonder how sturdy the backpack is going to be. I should just get this then I know I'm safe period.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Is this shipping ASAP or is there likely to be a wait to recieve one. I wonder how sturdy the backpack is going to be. I should just get this then I know I'm safe period.

Hahah, true that. This hobby gets expensive and of course you want a hard case to protect this toy. How long did yours take to arrive from when the order was placed? I just bought it even though I was leaning towards the backpack for hiking/biking purposes, but this will be a good one in addition to the backpack so it can be tossed around a little and piled on without worrying about it getting crushed. At least 3DR gave a usable temporary carrying case for starters.

Hahah, true that. This hobby gets expensive and of course you want a hard case to protect this toy. How long did yours take to arrive from when the order was placed? I just bought it even though I was leaning towards the backpack for hiking/biking purposes, but this will be a good one in addition to the backpack so it can be tossed around a little and piled on without worrying about it getting crushed. At least 3DR gave a usable temporary carrying case for starters.
I was using the cardboard case Solo came in, and knew it wouldn't last too long. I had the backpack on preorder, but found out the case was coming out, and ordered it. Waited 5 days, and it was at my doorstep, so cancelled the backpack. I am real happy with the case, and highly recommend it. I paid $209 direct from Go Professional Cases.

So far I simply sprayed the heck out of my starter case with plasti dip spray and it actually works and looks really nice, it soaks in a bit at first so takes a bit to smooth it out but is sturdy and water resistant now. Almost seems like it soaking in at first made the shell overall sturdier too, for ten bucks well worth it while waiting.

Great Idea on the PlastiDip Adim! That would add some rigidity to it to use in the mean time. I originally had the back pack ordered but decided I wanted something more rigid should it get in a bad spot. I believe they are shipping now with no wait.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Great Idea on the PlastiDip Adim! That would add some rigidity to it to use in the mean time. I originally had the back pack ordered but decided I wanted something more rigid should it get in a bad spot. I believe they are shipping now with no wait.
I'll keep this one brief thanks for the info Jubalr and I'll likely be following your lead going with the safest option here since the backpack not much cheaper anyway.

Forgot to add that a neck strap is also included with the case. I nice touch since we may never get the free one from 3DR. Also, i got in a set of 6db 2.4g antennas I was going to try if the rain ever stops. But just noticed that I can leave them on the controller now and it still fits in the case and closes fine.

QbHg1z

thats interesting ryan for sure... I dont like spending 200$ on a backpack or case, so this may work.. however, i do like the foam etc to keep er snug

Yeah.. I would imagine you could get some foam inserts for the cooler thing too. I am probably going to get one just because it will sub as a cooler too.

I just need something for now, as I am just putting it on the floor in my car for transport. I WISH the solo backpack allowed for keeping the props on, but it doesn't look like it.

Ryan G

Reactions: GoodnNuff and RyanG
Im so dense i didnt think about adding foam myself to it... interesting thought for sure. Almost would think about sewing a sleeve in the top of the bar top so you could insert a piece of cardboard or a plastic cutting board giving you a take off platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig