New Solo Battery

Reaction score
I am working on a replacement solo battery, the one that I liked the best is a GN3 high discharge Lipo from Gaoneng, it is a 4S -14.8 v-6500 mah-110C- 96.20WH. The whole mod only adds 3oz. All of this sounds good until I plug it all in and turn it on and this is where I need some help.
1 When I turn it on I only get one light and as soon as the solo comes to life, I get a loud alarm.
2 If I unplug the power leads but leave the 4 cell wire, it boots just fine with all lights on and no alarm.

Would love some help here as I find myself scratching my bald head !!!3dr1 001.JPG 3dr1 002.JPG 3dr1 003.JPG

I am working on a replacement solo battery, the one that I liked the best is a GN3 high discharge Lipo from Gaoneng, it is a 4S -14.8 v-6500 mah-110C- 96.20WH. The whole mod only adds 3oz. All of this sounds good until I plug it all in and turn it on and this is where I need some help.
1 When I turn it on I only get one light and as soon as the solo comes to life, I get a loud alarm.
2 If I unplug the power leads but leave the 4 cell wire, it boots just fine with all lights on and no alarm.

Would love some help here as I find myself scratching my bald head !!!View attachment 9095 View attachment 9096 View attachment 9097
You need to set certain battery parameters in mission planner to make this work. If you have not done so already?

With a big thank you to Derriello, it is now working just fine. Will report on flight times on Monday.

Wow.. small world. I am attempting the exact same thing. I have about 20 batteries. Some have 1500mAh and only 24 cycles. Some have 1400mAh and 70 cycles. One has 220mAh and 32 cycles! Anyway, I am EXTREMELY interested to find a solution. I've taken apart 3 of the batteries and am trying to determine if any of the cells combined in different order from different batteries will give me the desired mAh. I mean all of the voltages are around 4.10 to 4.13v on each cell. I'm liking this so far except cost is whoa... Lipo Battery Cell 3.7V 2500mAh 20C RC in Shenzhen, Guangdong - Shenzhen Vipower Technology Co., Ltd.
or this one All-Battery.com: Tenergy Li-Polymer 3.7v 1650mAh 10C Battery
I'm all about more power but my brain can't digest all of the formulas and crap needed not to ruin stuff by too much power. So needless to say I am eagerly awaiting any solutions to this battery issue. All of my flights last about 7 to 10 mins. I only have one batt that gives me over 15 mins.

Do the battery recalibration procedure. It won't recognize the mah above 5200 but it should work.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Wow.. small world. I am attempting the exact same thing. I have about 20 batteries. Some have 1500mAh and only 24 cycles. Some have 1400mAh and 70 cycles. One has 220mAh and 32 cycles! Anyway, I am EXTREMELY interested to find a solution. I've taken apart 3 of the batteries and am trying to determine if any of the cells combined in different order from different batteries will give me the desired mAh. I mean all of the voltages are around 4.10 to 4.13v on each cell. I'm liking this so far except cost is whoa... Lipo Battery Cell 3.7V 2500mAh 20C RC in Shenzhen, Guangdong - Shenzhen Vipower Technology Co., Ltd.
or this one All-Battery.com: Tenergy Li-Polymer 3.7v 1650mAh 10C Battery
I'm all about more power but my brain can't digest all of the formulas and crap needed not to ruin stuff by too much power. So needless to say I am eagerly awaiting any solutions to this battery issue. All of my flights last about 7 to 10 mins. I only have one batt that gives me over 15 mins.
The battery I listed cost $60.28 from GEAR BEST P/N 230501801 it was for race cars and it fits just fine. Just use the solo BMU out of your bad bat's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc