New revolutionary way to install iPad Air to your controller

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just earlier today I have been looking in the forum if there is a holder for the iPad Air as I have one and wanted to use it. I found some really good ideas in the forum and thanks guys for posting. Sharing is the key to resolve our problems.
So, as I'm an impatient person I was observing the controller like a monkey and came across an idea that will cost you as much as 0.0000$ ;) ( if you like it of course )
I found a way to adapt the iPad by using the same parts of the existing holder plus the rubber band for the habit of my girlfriend ( her idea) and a tie wrap and some protection foam.
The process is simple. Remove the holder from the ball joint and remove the ball joint from the support ( will not need this for the iPad ). Then take the holder and secure the rigid hook side under the top ent of the support. I put a tie wrap cause some would might think it's possible to jump out. Then some protection on the bottom of the support between the controller to avoid any scratches on it plus to give some little clearance for the tilt control of the camera.. Then put the iPad bottom against the protection and just clip the holder on top of it.
Here is a trick..I used the hair rubber band to add some more tension so I can hold the iPad in place steady. Also I installed it with the iPad protective case so it's tight and nice.
It's just an easy way to put your iPad or similar size tablet ( I guess ,haven't tried I did this just an hour ago :p) using the existing parts and some of your valuable time.of course pictures will follow.
I apologize being too long and hope this idea will help some.. Minor adjustments for individual cases might be necessary..it's on you to judge

And the result......,,!,,,,!!!image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

I really like your idea. It looks like it would work fine. I am waiting on my part I ordered off EBay right now that is for those of us that want to mount a full size IPad to our controller. My reason was I already have an IPad air with cellular service. I didn't want to go out and buy an IPad mini. Search for 3DR SOLO FULL-SIZE IPAD HOLDER on EBay. Looks like this guy was thinking the same thing.

Reactions: dbaribault
I really like your idea. It looks like it would work fine. I am waiting on my part I ordered off EBay right now that is for those of us that want to mount a full size IPad to our controller. My reason was I already have an IPad air with cellular service. I didn't want to go out and buy an IPad mini. Search for 3DR SOLO FULL-SIZE IPAD HOLDER on EBay. Looks like this guy was thinking the same thing.
I removed some of the plastic on the slider to fit my iPad Air. It's super easy and has been working great for over a year now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986