New Pilot!!

Jon

Reaction score
Hello forum, I'm new here just thought i post a new thread. I got my Solo from DRONEFLY about a week ago. Waited two weeks for it, when it finally came My wife and I were excited. So we took it to the local park and test flew it to get the hang of it. Not to bad, controls reminded me of the Drone in Call of Duty. I was similar ans fun. So I took it to work today to show my supervisor, in the middle of my flight i got a little close to the train. It seemed like and felt like it created a vortex and got pulled under I panicked and well it wrecked my propellers. That was all the damage that was done. It was a scary experience but also a learning experience. Ha!

Let the DRONE be FLY!!

Hello forum, I'm new here just thought i post a new thread. I got my Solo from DRONEFLY about a week ago. Waited two weeks for it, when it finally came My wife and I were excited. So we took it to the local park and test flew it to get the hang of it. Not to bad, controls reminded me of the Drone in Call of Duty. I was similar ans fun. So I took it to work today to show my supervisor, in the middle of my flight i got a little close to the train. It seemed like and felt like it created a vortex and got pulled under I panicked and well it wrecked my propellers. That was all the damage that was done. It was a scary experience but also a learning experience. Ha!

Let the DRONE be FLY!!
When in doubt... Go UP!! :)

Reactions: Jon

Let the DRONE be FLY!!

Welcome to the forum:D

Welcome yea your not the first it seems that not only a clear view of the sky but things being around solo seem to mess with the gps and cause undesired control issues. Your best bet when flying low to the ground especially but near objects generally is to practice flying in manual. I only fly manual on take off and landing now since I've had gps problems when below 50 feet or so after that seems fine. Be careful in manual it's supposed to hold altitude but tends to go down some times but drifting down slowly is a lot better than veering left quickly which more times than not seems to be the default when gps signal has issues. Hopefully the next update addresses some of these altitude, gps and other issues like my new one with camera flicker but until then be very cautious especially low to the ground. I really like solo but there's still work to be done perfecting things. Glad to hear you didn't hurt anything but your props and pride fly safe.

Welcome yea your not the first it seems that not only a clear view of the sky but things being around solo seem to mess with the gps and cause undesired control issues. Your best bet when flying low to the ground especially but near objects generally is to practice flying in manual. I only fly manual on take off and landing now since I've had gps problems when below 50 feet or so after that seems fine. Be careful in manual it's supposed to hold altitude but tends to go down some times but drifting down slowly is a lot better than veering left quickly which more times than not seems to be the default when gps signal has issues. Hopefully the next update addresses some of these altitude, gps and other issues like my new one with camera flicker but until then be very cautious especially low to the ground. I really like solo but there's still work to be done perfecting things. Glad to hear you didn't hurt anything but your props and pride fly safe.
Adimuzio, you shouldn't be experiencing any altitude loss in manual unless you have your slider maxed and pitch over 30deg. It's not a bug, it's physics. But I hope the rest of the issues you have will be addressed.
Fly Safe..
Jubal

Adimuzio, you shouldn't be experiencing any altitude loss in manual unless you have your slider maxed and pitch over 30deg. It's not a bug, it's physics. But I hope the rest of the issues you have will be addressed.
Fly Safe..
Jubal

Just recently mine started to lose altitude even when sitting in place in manual it's always drifted down a bit in manual anyway but I assumed this was normal since others said pix hawk drifts more than other fcs. My sliders are fast but not maxed and I fly cautious still don't use full throttle much with the issues every bodies had. So if the drops not normal hopefully they address yet another issue I've been ignoring or dealing with.

I truly hope they fix everything and honestly I'm kinda all in at this point they'd have to screw up the gimbal and updates pretty bad for me to return it since I have what an inspire would have cost invested in all I've bought since buying solo, sadly everything else can't be returned to buy one anymore. So hopefully they'll keep trying and eventually get it all fixed and I'll remain a 3dr customer for good but I can't honestly say at this point that I made the right buy without a doubt, only time will tell. Not saying I should of bought an I one just yet but if they push the gimbal back again and I lose more of what's left weather wise here this year I may for the first time be wondering if I made a mistake buying in so early. Looking at all this time I could have been getting great footage I'm just hoping it's worth all the waiting and lost time once we get our gimbals hopefully within the next week or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44