New member with questions.

Reaction score
Ok, so I've joined the group after being gifted a Solo by a friend, and now have a ton of questions. After turning it turtle on a landing I found myself in need of some props. Ordered a set of Master Airscrews from Amazon, but was wondering if anyone here had used the RAYcorp props, and if so what type of experience? Second question, I have a Lenovo Tablet, approx 3 years old that I cant install The Solo app on. I tried the Solo Beta app, but if I try to do any of the smart shots it crashes the app. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Happy Flying, Bill

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in 3DR quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!

Reactions: craigscotty28
Welcome Bill!

Ordered a set of Master Airscrews from Amazon, but was wondering if anyone here had used the RAYcorp props, and if so what type of experience?
No experience myself, but a lot of people fly the MA props (myself included) and don't seem to have any issues with them. There may be a reason for that.

Second question, I have a Lenovo Tablet, approx 3 years old that I cant install The Solo app on. I tried the Solo Beta app, but if I try to do any of the smart shots it crashes the app. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Since 3DR is no longer in business and the app is no longer supported, I would advise you to try out the Solex app for android. It's far better than the 3DR app, has far more useful features and it's supported and still having new features implemented.

Ok, Bill, that was two questions, we were promised "a ton"... keep em coming!

Welcome Bill!

Ordered a set of Master Airscrews from Amazon, but was wondering if anyone here had used the RAYcorp props, and if so what type of experience?
No experience myself, but a lot of people fly the MA props (myself included) and don't seem to have any issues with them. There may be a reason for that.

Second question, I have a Lenovo Tablet, approx 3 years old that I cant install The Solo app on. I tried the Solo Beta app, but if I try to do any of the smart shots it crashes the app. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Since 3DR is no longer in business and the app is no longer supported, I would advise you to try out the Solex app for android. It's far better than the 3DR app, has far more useful features and it's supported and still having new features implemented.

Ok, Bill, that was two questions, we were promised "a ton"... keep em coming!

Thanks for the info, I will try the solex app when I can save up a few more pennies lol, Is there a good tutorial for getting flight logs. I read somewhere to use Mission planner, but when I tried it some of the parameters got changed on the bird, and Im still not sure if I got them all back the way they were supposed to be. And one last one for tonight, what is the best upgradr for the GPS. I still have a revision A board and it can take a while to make up its mind on how many satellites its going to require to take off.

Thanks for the info, I will try the solex app when I can save up a few more pennies lol, Is there a good tutorial for getting flight logs. I read somewhere to use Mission planner, but when I tried it some of the parameters got changed on the bird, and Im still not sure if I got them all back the way they were supposed to be. And one last one for tonight, what is the best upgradr for the GPS. I still have a revision A board and it can take a while to make up its mind on how many satellites its going to require to take off.

Welcome, you will learn a lot here, there is plenty of information to be found.

I changed my rev A GPS to a mRobotics unit and changed the shielding to the new GPS shield. Haven’t had a GPS problem since.

Welcome, you will learn a lot here, there is plenty of information to be found.

I changed my rev A GPS to a mRobotics unit and changed the shielding to the new GPS shield. Haven’t had a GPS problem since.
Excellent, I will give it a try, (more pennies to save)

Flight logs
Matt (Peddles2Paddles) wrote this little program for downloading logs quickly and simply. I've posted a link for more info.

As for GPS, I had a Rev A and it was terrible. 2 - 5 minutes to get a GPS lock or on some days, no lock at all. I've gone both the MRO and the HERE route. I did some testing on both and found that they are pretty comparable but the HERE system looks better (it's an externally mounted GPS on a mast with flashy lights...). While both are easy to do the only extra step with the HERE is having to make a small hole in the GPS cover to run the external wires through. A drill and some sand paper is all it takes.

Excellent, I will give it a try, (more pennies to save)
Thanks for the
Flight logs
Matt (Peddles2Paddles) wrote this little program for downloading logs quickly and simply. I've posted a link for more info.

As for GPS, I had a Rev A and it was terrible. 2 - 5 minutes to get a GPS lock or on some days, no lock at all. I've gone both the MRO and the HERE route. I did some testing on both and found that they are pretty comparable but the HERE system looks better (it's an externally mounted GPS on a mast with flashy lights...). While both are easy to do the only extra step with the HERE is having to make a small hole in the GPS cover to run the external wires through. A drill and some sand paper is all it takes.

Thanks for the info, didn't get the link tho. Tried out the MAS props today, noticeably quieter and nice stable flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo