New Guy Late to the 3DR World

Reaction score
Hey guys. My name is Nick and I live in Central CT. Just before the pandemic hit, I purchased a DJI Phantom 4 to play around with. I always liked RC stuff as a kid, and now as a 54 year old with older children, found a little extra time to myself. I do computer security work and have a background in software development.

My interest soon pivoted to open source drones and I built a development environment to explore the software side of things both from a flight control perspective as well as some other ideas. I purchased a couple Holybro development kits and along the way I picked up some other drones including a couple Solos, a Y6, and a Tarot 650, and a Walkera Scout X4. I now also have a DJI Mini 2.

I started this summer prepping the Solos for flight by moving to OpenSolo4 firmware with SidePilot. Unfortunately, I got really busy and just getting back to it. I'm hoping to get both Solos flying which I feel good about. I'd also like to get the Y6 in the air and just posted about it.

i bought my 3dr solo when they went on crazy discount prices @ best buy back in 2018. flew it for a year, only swappping my antennas to the fpvlr which helped in the distance department a little bit. 2 days ago i got opensolo on it sucessfully just now i got off the ground for 3 minutes in my back yard with full control right then and there i remembered how exciting this drone is to fly. so fricking happy people are doing things for this hawk 7 years later. new life to what is a very capable drone.

Hello can anyone help me ??? After long time when I take out my 3DR solo drone yesterday 3DR solo app was no longer available oN IOS. Please anyone can help and recommend any app for IOS plate-form.

Regards

Hello can anyone help me ??? After long time when I take out my 3DR solo drone yesterday 3DR solo app was no longer available oN IOS. Please anyone can help and recommend any app for IOS plate-form.

Regards
Hello. You will want to upgrade the firmware on the copter and the controller to Open Solo 4 using the SidePilot app for iOs. There is plenty of information to found here by searching the forums. Here is a link that helped me do it over the summer:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela