Needing to replace the device holder on the controller

Reaction score
Not sure what happened but I was trying to put my phone in the holder and it gave way. Ive had this controller since day 1 of pre orders and have no idea how to replace this. Anyone know where I can get a replacement part for the controller?

Not sure what happened but I was trying to put my phone in the holder and it gave way. Ive had this controller since day 1 of pre orders and have no idea how to replace this. Anyone know where I can get a replacement part for the controller?

Saw it reading through here a week ago... someone posted a great link to products on Amazon that fit into the same size friction ball mount that the Solo controller uses. Search a little and I'm sure you'll find it :)

heads up anyone needing this besides me, at this time theyre no longer carrying this :(

Ill try that australian site.

which part broke? the mount that connects directly to the remote control with a couple screws or the tablet holder with the ball joint?

which part broke? the mount that connects directly to the remote control with a couple screws or the tablet holder with the ball joint?
The part that broke was the clamp that held the phone. I was thinking I can just gorilla glue it one of my guys lost it afterwards :-(

This may be too little too late, but I replaced my device holder with RAM Mount parts and love it. I can use the same tablet holder that I use other places (in my boat) with the controller for Solo. Here's a picture of what it looks like now:
front.jpg
I used the following parts with some misc screws and nuts:
RAM Tab-Tite (first gen, you need to "trim" the grip on the back of the 2nd gen) -- RAM-HOL-TAB-SMU
RAM DIAMOND BASE W/OCTAGON BUTTON UNPKD -- RAP-272U
Single Ball Socket for B size 1” ball with Octagon Button Socket -- RAP-B-200-1U
RAM Diamond Plate 2.43" x 1.31" with B Size 1" Ball -- RAM-B-238U

All in, it's about $50 in parts but it's universal; I already had the tab-tite device holder, ball mount, sun shade and ABS backboard, so it was less than $20 in parts to add the mount to the Solo controller. I added a small piece of ABS to the back of the tab-tite so I had somewhere to mount a sun shade. The ABS was ~$4 at TAP Plastics and the sun shade was $12 on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YMGSMQC

Here are more detailed pics of the entire assembly:
side.jpg back.jpg back 3:4 2.jpg back close.jpg back 3:4 1.jpg

Reactions: Quinn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig