Need GoPro update for gimbal?

Reaction score
I am already on version 3 for my hero4 black but the solo app keeps warning me that I need to update / can't control the gopro without the update. If I turn off the GoPro and back on sometimes it dismisses the message and I can control the GoPro. Anyone else experience this?

Reactions: Old Gimper
Buy a Yuneec 4k..over 150 flights since Aug 1st not one issue. This image captured at around 300 ft on Sept 13th near Baker, Florida

Attachments

• Sept 13 Corn Maze.jpg
    Sept 13 Corn Maze.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
I had this problem when I first installed the gimbal. Eventually I tracked it down. I was to casual clicking the GoPro in. Now I make sure it's firmly seated in the GoPro port on the gimbal. Hope this helps.

Power cycle everything.
Power on GoPro before Solo every time.

I had this problem when I first installed the gimbal. Eventually I tracked it down. I was to casual clicking the GoPro in. Now I make sure it's firmly seated in the GoPro port on the gimbal. Hope this helps.

Power cycle everything.
Power on GoPro before Solo every time.
Hero 4 Black: Flew dozens of times with the gimbal and this happened to me once - shut everything down, pulled the GoPro off the gimbal to prepare for a firmware update (thought maybe something new had just come out) - found out there wasn't any new update - put everything back together and it never happened again.

So - was the GoPro seated in the gimbal incorrectly or did it just need a complete power cycle? Don't know.

How to Reset the Camera to Factory Defaults

funny how a factory re-set option exists; too many people requesting this option?

My Hero4 Black had issues freezing up while recording within the gimbal. seconds would count down every 10 to 15 sec (i.e. it would show 0:15, freeze, then show 0:48, etc). when i take it out and use it outside the gimbal, there's no issues.

something to do w/ the bacdoor attachment making it act wonky, despite nothing visually talking to the GoPro itself via the app.

Anyone else have this issue? GoPro is firmly seated into gimbal. absolutely no issues w/ my Hero 3+ black.

I am already on version 3 for my hero4 black but the solo app keeps warning me that I need to update / can't control the gopro without the update. If I turn off the GoPro and back on sometimes it dismisses the message and I can control the GoPro. Anyone else experience this?
I had that problem when I first installed my gimbal. I I ended up taking the gimbal off and reinstalling the HDMI plug to the gimbal board. Haven't had it since.

yeah I got these yesterday I pulled the GoPro and reset it in the gimbal all good after that.

Make sure your GoPro isn't in record mode when you power on your Solo.

Maybe also try turning on your GoPro first, then your Solo, or vice versa; Turn on the Solo first, and then turn on the GoPro after the Solo is running.

Let us know if any of this helps.

My GoPro 4 Black works ok. But I've seen 'wrong firmware' messages when turning on my Solo if the Camera is in recording mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44