NAB 2016 Post

Yep, I guess I'd better get a main board and another gimbal. I've already invested in 8 new motor pods, a new shell, 5 batteries, 6 sets of props and 2 GPH4B's. If the main board or the gimbal goes out and 3dr stops supporting this thing at the consumer level, I'll have a whole bunch of unusable inventory. Certainly not good news for me as a non-professional enthusiast.

Jerry
Well you nearly have enough to rebuild which is good, but it will be a shame if 3DR go down this path because I think the product is damm good, I have had the white things, early ones and they all came to grief, but touch wood solo hasn't misbehaved yet and as a platform for filming is fantastic it's just so stable, the only one to me that could be an opposition in that price range is the P4 from what I have seen and read, anyway we just have to wait and see I guess.

Reactions: J R and cameraguy
100 feet cable gets awfully heavy and control is difficult because the tether tends to alter the flight characteristics like a pendulum.
The tether cable is actually very thin and light. The tether itself will affect flight characteristics slightly, wind will have an affect on the tether as well. The battery emulator needed for the use of the tether also has a small battery to allow time to land in case of failure.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
lots of pictures and video on FB
seen the tether sony camera flir camera new gimbal there was a solo there with lidar and optical flow
I did not not see Solo with optical flow at 2016 NAB.

Last edited:
So forgive me if it's mentioned in the videos, but given the gauge of that wire/tether, is it safe to say it's AC from the box up the tether and is converted to DC onboard the Solo? Can't imagine they could send enough DC up a tether like that.
Power is converted at the source and sent up the tether as DC.

yeah you get the feeling something is up with that Pixhawk 2 crew too
very exciting

I am just trying to catch up. I am starting x8 rebuild next week onto a Iron Man Frame.
The end game is to upgrade motors and props when the Pixhawk 2 and carrier boards hit

Power is converted at the source and sent up the tether as DC.
The interesting thing is you saying the cable is fairly thin and yet i dont know what the Solos consumption is all up say on climb but it will be fairly substantial so the tether has to handle that plus a bit in reserve I saw a Video of it Flying with the tether and it had over an hour up they were swapping pilots cause id say it got booring after a while just hovering, but they wouldnt produce the tether if it couldnt support the current drain.

I counter that, maybe you feel they owe you more.
As an early adapter myself, they have delivered and more
Have to say they have given quite a bit, but even me having more or less one of the better experiences, still some hoops to jump through and a bunch of patience early on required. I'm definitley happy and they've made good on the promises, but I'm still hoping for a reasonable priced solution for hero 5. That said we've surely already got what we paid for, even if mines having some issues this week.

I do like the updates we are getting. I wanted a platform for a camera, and the Solo keeps getting better at that.

DJI with the flyaways seems to have upgraded from planned obselesence to random evanescence.

Sure I wish I had gotten the lower price. I wish I'd gotten my 2015 salary back when I was in high school too, not to mention my Xbox 1 and modern computer and cel phone. Technology gets cheaper with time. That does t look to be changing any time soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado