My Solo Gimbal order has shipped

I just purchased my first drone: a Solo and GoPro Silver 4 days ago from BB, 8 flights so far, using ONE flight battery, BB had no extra's, no gimbals either. However, just now BB sent me an email telling me that the Solo batteries are back in stock, I chose ship it and should have 2 arriving by Wednesday.

Love this thing, only complaint is: it must be popular cause parts are scarce. I want my gimbal man, I have clients. Also the live video feed issue, well working on that. Seems of another thread 'power' connect GoPro sequence works. Sort of like Apollo 13 - check list.

Thank God for spare props, one set used. Hit the side of the local Lodge. Solo = no problem.

Did I say I love this machine?

Chip

---

Glad ya like it, even working through some things I still can't complain much. Parts haven't been shipped out yet for the most part they are a bit overwhelmed though it seems. We should start seeing gimbals next week hopefully nobody has em yet.

Reactions: Chip Luck
Well, twice now - the first time with a friend at the controls... Solo is flying and maintaining home position, then it just banked to the right and crashed into the trees with no control input. Strange. Again, no input on the controller, just hovering in home mode. Yes, GPS lock verified. Interesting...

Chip

---

Well, twice now - the first time with a friend at the controls... Solo is flying and maintaining home position, then it just banked to the right and crashed into the trees with no control input. Strange. Again, no input on the controller, just hovering in home mode. Yes, GPS lock verified. Interesting...

Chip

---
Post your log and maybe we can see what went on.

Post your log and maybe we can see what went on.

Being new to this, however a tech geek, I still need to figure out how to get the log files. Time to finally read the manual? Or how do you get to the logs?

BTW: check out my avatar - can't believe a prop did that much damage to the tree bark, but not one broken prop and no Solo or GoPro damage.

Thanks in advance.

Chip

---

Got my Gimbal today. 3dr never called nor did they send me a tracking number. I called 3dr by chance wondering if they could tell me when it would ship. The guy I spoke to said hold on let me check ...came back said it shipped heres your tracking number. I went to ups on the web put in my tracking number and it said that a delivery attempt happen about an hour earlier at my house.
I know no one is going to like hearing this but I ordered from 3dr on AUG 15 and I received it 9/2/15
GO SOLO....

I had to provide my CC information for the gimbal portion of my June 4th order again last night (4th time), and I just verified that there is a pending charge for it on my CC account... Still no idea when it will ship though... And I originally purchased a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver for this so I'm still waiting to see how that plays out... Am enjoying the Solo so far.

Has anyone confirmed this with Fry's?
I'll ask my son (he works at Fry's) and post back on this.

I received my gimbal on Monday. I ordered it directly from 3dr on May 21. I've already installed it and everything seems to be working except I'm getting a Manual Gimbal controller error.

Contacted 3dr support with a detailed description of the issue and they responded next day. Looks like I just need to run a calibration routine on my controller.

I'll be doing that before I take it up to test the gimbal.

9/4 - update
No confirmed shipping date from Fry's. They were supposed to receive a shipment back on Aug. 3 which didn't happen. Looks like they're filling orders direct with 3DR first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Just like MIA posted, I've seen a number of posts on the 3DR Owners Facebook group of people canceling their gimbal orders from the retail route and placing them direct with 3DR mid-August and receiving their shipments end of August and this week.

Just an FYI.

Wow. I wonder if I cancel my June 4th 3DR direct order and place it again if it will ship... ?

My sticky note order must've fallen off of the dart board...;)

Reactions: Raybro
3DR (Colin) says gimbals for launch partners have cleared customs and should be available next week. We shall see.......

On Twitter:

Colin Guinn ‏@colinguinn 43m43 minutes ago
Wow, gimbals have FINALLY cleared customs and are on the way to our launch partners to fill pre orders next week. Sorry for the delay guys!

10:09 AM - 4 Sep 2015 · Details
So that's the story today hmm interesting, wonder what Chris meant the other day. Seems like they decided to go with the blaming China idea I posted at least we can't prove it wrong so easily. Guess wel see good luck guys and gals,

Got my Gimbal today. 3dr never called nor did they send me a tracking number. I called 3dr by chance wondering if they could tell me when it would ship. The guy I spoke to said hold on let me check ...came back said it shipped heres your tracking number. I went to ups on the web put in my tracking number and it said that a delivery attempt happen about an hour earlier at my house.
I know no one is going to like hearing this but I ordered from 3dr on AUG 15 and I received it 9/2/15
GO SOLO....
You suck!........just kidding, really.
Mine has been on order since May. They really did some of us a great disservice and I have lost my confidence in them for their decision to do this.

Have fun and Happy Flying.

Reactions: rrmccabe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso