My Solo Gimbal order has shipped

sounds about right.

Now be nice. ;)

Just going from what their email said. Still waiting for the package to arrive. But if by some miracle a gimbal is included with my shipment, should I keep it to myself?

Now be nice. ;)

Just going from what their email said. Still waiting for the package to arrive. But if by some miracle a gimbal is included with my shipment, should I keep it to myself?
posestion is nine tenths of the law.

Is it possible it could be a battery instead of gimbal? Guess you will let us know a few seconds after the brown truck leaves your door.

The package has been delivered.
You're the winner David. They only shipped my battery . :(

Attachments

• 20150629_191426.jpg
    20150629_191426.jpg
    779.9 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Raybro
The package has been delivered.
You're the winner David. They only shipped my battery . :(
Oh Well, at least you got an extra battery. Some how you got in front of me..I ordered on May 7th and still waiting on the 'free' battery..

I was referring to @Jubalr comment. I have a long preorder and no free battery as 3DR promised. They acknowledged it was a mistake not sending it and even after a week can not tell me when or how I will receive one.

Ah, got it. I mean't to reply to Jubalr as well. Looks like they're filling battery pre-orders currently. Hopefully the free battery shipments won't be too far behind. I pre-ordered my Solo from Best Buy because of an existing credit I had with them. Luckily they responded with the free battery shipment the week after my Solo arrived.

So now I have 3 batteries. The one that came with the Solo, the one I purchased from 3DR and the free battery from Best Buy.

If you need spare propellers, it looks like Best Buy is pretty well stocked in the store.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    879.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
What exactly is holding the gimbal up? It would be terrible if the gimbal completely sucked and it comes in after the warranty has expired on the copter.

What exactly is holding the gimbal up? It would be terrible if the gimbal completely sucked and it comes in after the warranty has expired on the copter.
I emailed 3dr about this asking since I bought solo at best buy and was going to cancel my pre order including gimbal, if I buy gimbal seperatley in best buy will my warranty be extended the thirty days past then. I received confirmation from Ube at 3dr customer support that I had 30 days after I buy my gimbal to go and take the extra time to experience my new drone and could return within thirty days of my gimbal purchase.

You may want to send them one too just in case but I have mine saved if anybody wants a copy I'll post the email to be safe. I'm sure with 3dr this email would be enough to prove it if need be even if this isn't across the board for whatever reason.

Nope. All have to order them. Even went to the closest to see with my own eyes, and they didn't know anything about Solo. The "last" word I got is that it should ship tomorrow. I will check in the AM. If that isn't right I am going to be VERY unhappy.

For some reason he says he's not supposed to post it but a guy on another site did have a list of best buys who would and I confirmed near me did recieve them. Also best buy manager was able to bring up all the stores that had or would get them for me before I got mine had twenty listed stores with only three stores that received solo day 1. Anyway if it doesn't ship and your curious let me know where ya live and I'll try to see what stores are on that list he had. The ones he gave me are the only three getting stock near me each shipment if it's worth it but sounds like your waits almost over now.

Good luck safe flying

Thanks. Just checked and they say it shipped!! No tracking yet.

Question: I also ordered an extra battery, props, and the backpack. They responded in the email that the remainder of my order will ship in "3 to 4 weeks". Is that your experience?

I had heard here and other forums of people getting their extra ordered batteries at this point, and some getting the free battery about now.. It would be frustrating to wait another month for those...

Same here, was told it MIGHT get shipped with the gimbal...:eek:

Ok, I have a confession to make. I have two free batteries compliments of Best Buy.

I bought a Solo from a BB the day they were released. They had recieved two Solos and two batteries, I got the last Solo and the battery was given to me as well. Defective controller caused that Solo to be returned. The BB customer service rep was trying to order a replacement, but couldn't, she was on the phone with several different people, each trying to determine why their system wasn't lettting her order one for in store pick up. So while I waited, I pulled up their website on my phone, and was able to order one for direct delivery to my house, and expedited shipping of $17 would have it delivered in 48 hours! But the website said batteries were on back order and not available. So I showed the customer service rep my phone screen while she was on the phone with the regional office trying to determine why THEY couldn't order. Told them to forget having it sent to the store, I would just order it from my phone. So they said to keep my original free battery since they were out of stock. Seemed fair.
The very next day UPS delivered my "free battery included with purchase" and the following day my Solo arrived. So I now have a total of 3 batteries, and a new Solo that flies like it was designed to fly!

Last edited:
Reactions: Raybro
So looks like we're looking at the end of July huh?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150