My Neighbor Used to Work at 3DR........

That's awesome Vmaniqui!! Hopefully he still has some things that you can take advantage of and purchase! Shit, I'd be happy with what you already bought for $20 to be honest w/ you. Can you find out his Ebay name for us? I am sure he, like you said, has already gotten rid of most if not all of what he has as selling the things on Ebay will go pretty quickly if he wants so little for the items. But well done nonetheless!

That's awesome Vmaniqui!! Hopefully he still has some things that you can take advantage of and purchase! Shit, I'd be happy with what you already bought for $20 to be honest w/ you. Can you find out his Ebay name for us? I am sure he, like you said, has already gotten rid of most if not all of what he has as selling the things on Ebay will go pretty quickly if he wants so little for the items. But well done nonetheless!
Not to worry. With so much interest here we might be able to buy all his 3dr stuff. Just a matter of getting the inventory. He still need to check them all out as the parts are all together. I told him I will mostly be interested in the solo parts, so that's what he's trying to look for and will give me the list. When we were casually talking he told me 'you don't have to worry if you messed up your solo as I have all the parts - sure enough I just saw 2 solo bodies hanging in the rafters. Box full of motor pods and so on. I was like looking left and right and can't even concentrate as I am like looking at all these candies that I just wanted to grab. He also have some prototype parts of the solo (saw a gimbal in aluminum) and so on.

and i didn't know it. now that tells you that sometimes it is good to be a nosey neighbor. anyway here goes - i got my garage door opened and he noticed my SOLO box. i asked him why and he showed me his SOLO shirt and told me that he works for 3DR in Berkeley, CA. i checked his garage full of all 3DR stuff. motor pods, proto 3dr bodies, batteries, chargers, fvp monitors, IRIS, X8 name ir and he has them. and he designs them also and he was testing them. he even mentioned that 3dr were selling the batteries for like $4. i was able to buy a battery in box, battery charger, gopro battery and set of props for $20. he even told me not to worry as if i do messed up my solo he got all the parts. as in there are drawers and drawers of 3DR Solo parts. they're everywhere, on the floor and solo bodies hanging on the ceiling. i was there for more than 1 hour just checking out all the solo stuff. he showed me a drone that weighs about 90lbs and could carry a baby. man this neighbor of mine has the best toys around. he got RC planes big enough to carry a kid (literally), he said if i have been there months earlier i could get more stuff. he already sold all his batteries - but was lucky as he got 1 left. i am trying to make a deal with him on the motor pods, solo bodies, gopro stuff, solo controller and others. he even gave me a special 3DR lanyard that he said they never sold anywhere. anyway i will see him some other time and see what else i can get....... oh BTW i was asking him if he has a GPS B version. he got an A but he said it's an upgraded A. i didn't bother to ask what's an upgraded A as i wanted the B. he said he will check all his stuff later. in all honesty he got more than 100 drones in his garage (all kinds).

More batteries Please!!! :D

Reactions: Crazyfamily
I'd be in for a pile of parts, also I'd be interested in the X8M. Never heard of it before, but it looks interesting!

I would be interested in the X8-M as well if it is not already sold. Would purchase the case as well. Thanks.

I would be interested in the X8-M as well if it is not already sold. Would purchase the case as well. Thanks.

you're third in line. hopefully it's not sold yet as that's what i am interested in buying. he made me a deal and hopefully he will still sell it to me. he just said 'it's yours then' as i told him i am working on that one - the X8-M.

Please include me in the list... i am interested with the motor pods... for backup purposes

Will do so guys. I Just hope I can catch him this weekend and get the list of all his parts for sale. That's all I am waiting now. As soon as I do have the list I will post it and we will go by who ever is on the reply list. I am so eager to check out the X8 myself. I will ask him to test fly it.

and i didn't know it. now that tells you that sometimes it is good to be a nosey neighbor. anyway here goes - i got my garage door opened and he noticed my SOLO box. i asked him why and he showed me his SOLO shirt and told me that he works for 3DR in Berkeley, CA. i checked his garage full of all 3DR stuff. motor pods, proto 3dr bodies, batteries, chargers, fvp monitors, IRIS, X8 name ir and he has them. and he designs them also and he was testing them. he even mentioned that 3dr were selling the batteries for like $4. i was able to buy a battery in box, battery charger, gopro battery and set of props for $20. he even told me not to worry as if i do messed up my solo he got all the parts. as in there are drawers and drawers of 3DR Solo parts. they're everywhere, on the floor and solo bodies hanging on the ceiling. i was there for more than 1 hour just checking out all the solo stuff. he showed me a drone that weighs about 90lbs and could carry a baby. man this neighbor of mine has the best toys around. he got RC planes big enough to carry a kid (literally), he said if i have been there months earlier i could get more stuff. he already sold all his batteries - but was lucky as he got 1 left. i am trying to make a deal with him on the motor pods, solo bodies, gopro stuff, solo controller and others. he even gave me a special 3DR lanyard that he said they never sold anywhere. anyway i will see him some other time and see what else i can get....... oh BTW i was asking him if he has a GPS B version. he got an A but he said it's an upgraded A. i didn't bother to ask what's an upgraded A as i wanted the B. he said he will check all his stuff later. in all honesty he got more than 100 drones in his garage (all kinds).[/QUOTE BS! almost had me until you said "GoPro batteries"!

Will do so guys. I Just hope I can catch him this weekend and get the list of all his parts for sale. That's all I am waiting now. As soon as I do have the list I will post it and we will go by who ever is on the reply list. I am so eager to check out the X8 myself. I will ask him to test fly it.

Bs

Interested in solo parts. Motor pods, gimbal, etc anything to backup my single solo. I have plenty of props, shell and batteries but for the right price I will make room for more. And what an awesome neighbor to have!

Good for you! Small world huh!

A group buy would be awesome. What a neighbor. I'm a rookie flying uav Not sure of your experience level yet sounds like you found the mentor of mentors!

blue skies..

haven't forgotten about this yet - he's so busy but i had a chance to talked to him briefly last sunday. he had these RC event that he went to and he said he crashed his RC (not the X8) but his Carbon-Z T-28 2.0m plane. i will see him this weekend and see where he's at (list of 3dr parts). will keep you all posted.

haven't forgotten about this yet - he's so busy but i had a chance to talked to him briefly last sunday. he had these RC event that he went to and he said he crashed his RC (not the X8) but his Carbon-Z T-28 2.0m plane. i will see him this weekend and see where he's at (list of 3dr parts). will keep you all posted.
Any news ? [emoji3]

talked to him just this past weekend and he's so busy painting/reorganizing his garage. i went to check my X8-M to make sure it's still there and he said it's there and it's yours. asked him about the solo parts and he said he have not gone thru it yet. he mentioned that as soon as he's done reorganizing his garage he will get into it. sorry about the slow progress guys....

Reactions: Pál Szabolcs
talked to him just this past weekend and he's so busy painting/reorganizing his garage. i went to check my X8-M to make sure it's still there and he said it's there and it's yours. asked him about the solo parts and he said he have not gone thru it yet. he mentioned that as soon as he's done reorganizing his garage he will get into it. sorry about the slow progress guys....
We can wait.... [emoji3]

Reactions: markato

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela