My batteries suck

Reaction score
I have 2 batteries. I have only flown my bird about 8-9 times. They were working fine until that last big update. Now, they suck. Could there be a defect? I fulled charged a battery and about 6 hours later I went out and flew. It didn't take long for GPS lock to initiate and I was at 73% battery (wind was low) and this is now the third time it was at this level. Before though I thought it was because I had more than 24 hours that passed since I charged and then flew. My other battery was even worse. I am getting about 7-8 minutes out of my batteries which is completely unacceptable.

Thoughts?

My first thought would be that your batteries aren't recharging fully. Recharge one. When it's done (allegedly per the light), plug it right into the solo connect with the controller. See what the voltage reads. It should be 16.7x volts and 97-100%. If it's reading less, Your charger may be shot.

Let me make sure I am reading this correct; charge one of my batteries completely (or what the light indicates). Then put this back on the bird. Where am I reading the volts?

I take it I have to do this outside as if I am ready to fly when it locks in GPS?

Not necessarily just take it from the charger to the bird and see if it's depleting slowly before use or just not fully charging in the first place.

Mine do this some too, down to 83 percent but it takes a week or so of sitting before it seems to happen. Also notice mine say full at 97 or 98 percent according to the app, but I've had them since launch and put a lot of flights on em.

I take it I have to do this outside as if I am ready to fly when it locks in GPS?
Nope. Sitting in the house is fine. Once the app is connected, it shows the battery voltage at the top. You don't need to arm, fly, have GPS, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig