mRo GPS upgrade is definitely worth it!

Could not agree more. In the suburbs of Chicago I could get 8-12 Sats at the most. Bought the new board ($40) took literally 10 minutes to swap it out and I lock on 8 in less then a minute and in flight easily have 20+. I would absolutely recommend this upgrade.

I started with the "Black" mRo and loved it, then I put the "Purple" one in my spare and wow it's even better !!!!

Agreed it's a must-do upgrade. Either that or the Here, although I personally like the mRo unit because it's a direct internal replacement, and with such low HDOPs and high satellite counts, I think it's a hard argument to make that putting a GPS up on a pod is worth the hassle.

Reactions: John Githens
Agreed it's a must-do upgrade. Either that or the Here, although I personally like the mRo unit because it's a direct internal replacement, and with such low HDOPs and high satellite counts, I think it's a hard argument to make that putting a GPS up on a pod is worth the hassle.
One thing the HERE does is replace the crappy leg compass, It nails the SOLO to the Sky....

HERE external M8N GPS and compass upgrades!

Yea, trying to keep everything internal or out of sight requires some compromises. But I always found my Solos to be pretty rock solid in the sky. If I were to be completely honest, I never even had a single GPS issue with the original outside the long lock times.

Is the Here compass a different/better actual mag IC or is it the placement? From the masts I've seen people using with the Here, it doesn't seem all that much farther away from a motor than a leg compass.

Reactions: yarrr and DJMc
Hi there, interesting tread here !
Were do i get that purple thing ?
Any tips, or videos on how to install ?

Thks !!!

Interesting.
And where can i buy buy cable for it ?
And tell me, my solo is oem stock, that purple will work ?

Can the DJI Mavic Pro GPS board work on the solo and will it be any better?

MRo makes one with a dual compass built in. Only downside is you have to buy a $4 cable to get it to work on the solo. You can see it's the same board, just different connector.

mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N Dual Compass LIS3MDL+ IST8310

That may not work with a Stock Solo it requires ArduCopter (3.5.4 and beyond):
I would contact the manufacturer first?
But most likely it should work on a greencube setup..See below

mRo Notes below:

Note: You must have Rev.3 of the STM32F4 microcontroller in order to support the above mags. you should have NO problems using them If you purchased any of our autopilots.

Stock Solo cube microcontroller:
Pixhawk FMU Main Board • STM32F427;
"is not a REV. 3"

GreenCube specs Below:

INSIDE THE GreenCUBE
An STM32F427 Rev 3 Flight management unit. (where the flight controller lives.)

EDIT : I just sent them an Email for specifics I'll keep us updated...

Last edited:
Interesting.
And where can i buy buy cable for it ?
And tell me, my solo is oem stock, that purple will work ?
I would contact the manufacturer and ask before purchasing that for a stock Solo, it may well work? Let us Know and thanks in advance...

EDIT : I just sent them an Email for specifics I'll keep us updated...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc