Mounting other cameras on 3DR

Do we know if this company is simply mounting an OE QX1 to their gimbal - or has the camera been modified?
There certainly seems to be some extra hardware involved "Another integrated micro computer to automatically collect and geotag the pictures"

There certainly seems to be some extra hardware involved "Another integrated micro computer to automatically collect and geotag the pictures"

I'm thinking the microcomputer is the Raspberry Pi board ...

I've read the QX1 is equipped with a flash and curious if this was kept in the design

Could someone recommend lightweight camera which are capable of doing RAW photos and has interval shooting (timelapse) option out of the box?

i haven't seen a lightweight camera that can shoot raw and has timelapse mode as well. those 3 things don't usually go together lol.

Reactions: Dronie
Could someone recommend lightweight camera which are capable of doing RAW photos and has interval shooting (timelapse) option out of the box?

Git 2. Replace the lens. I will be getting one instead of a GoPro next time.

Reactions: Nerius
Git 2. Replace the lens. I will be getting one instead of a GoPro next time.

Thank you, very interesting.
Do you have in mind replace lens to some non-dissortion lens (3.97, 4.35...) or some other specific for this camera lens? And probably no live feed and settings change while on fly from Solo app with this camera?

I think the live feed should work, not sure. Saw a video of someone using a Xiaomi. Below is the link to replacement lenses for the Git 2. Have not seen anyone testing or using them for mapping yet though.

Search - GitUp Action Camera

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerius
I have two basic questions:

1. My "B" button is set up for manual flight (which I practice from time to time), do you press "FLY" to return to GPS stabilized flight? I tried it but it didn't seem to work, perhaps I needed to push the manual button again.

2. Will the solo return home when you press the RH button in manual flight?

I just don't fly enough to stay current on the procedures, and didn't want to experiment while in flight

Thanks

Ketch

I have two basic questions:

1. My "B" button is set up for manual flight (which I practice from time to time), do you press "FLY" to return to GPS stabilized flight? I tried it but it didn't seem to work, perhaps I needed to push the manual button again.

2. Will the solo return home when you press the RH button in manual flight?

I just don't fly enough to stay current on the procedures, and didn't want to experiment while in flight

Thanks

Ketch

this really should be posted in its own thread as its super ot, but...

1. if you press fly, as long as solo has a gps lock, solo will switch to fly (gps)
2. if you are in fly manual and solo has a gps lock, if you press return home, solo will return home (or whatever return options you have set).

Reactions: RPM
this really should be posted in its own thread as its super ot, but...

1. if you press fly, as long as solo has a gps lock, solo will switch to fly (gps)
2. if you are in fly manual and solo has a gps lock, if you press return home, solo will return home (or whatever return options you have set).

Thanks franknitty69, its you pros that keep us amateurs flying safely.

Tried out my Panasonic lumix DMC-G7 m43 (great camera BTW) on my new solo the other day. The G7 with 14mm pancake lens weighs 410g - HDMI output works with solo app - The G7 itself has wifi - so you would need two android / iOS devices one to control the solo - the other to run the lumix app to remotely trigger the shutter / video. the G7 shoots RAW / 4k video. -- Looks promising. It would be awsome if there was a way to mount a standard 1/4" treaded camera to the solo gimbal bay - I'm ready to duck tape mine on for a test flight :) another cool mod would be an adapter for the gimbal control cable that went into into a standard 1/8" remote trigger for cameras to trigger recording from the solo app like a gopro.

Reactions: lsubs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44