Motors Spin In Opposite Direction

Reaction score
I replaced motor pod #4 and upon updating the solo the motors spin in the opposite direction. All motor pods are in the correct place on the solo. Motor pod # 1 should turn counter clockwise but it spins clockwise. Same with #'s 2 3 and 4
Any ideas why this has occurred and how to cure ?

upon updating the solo
What update did you perform? Yes 01 motor should spin counterclockwise with a silver coded prop with normal (not reverse) threads on it. Also the direction marked on the solo pod is the direction you tighten the prop not the way the motor spins, I'm sure you are aware of this..

Last edited:
Also Pod# 4 should be a black coded prop that is reverse thread and the motor spins clockwise.
What a trip. Fellas,if your girl is jealous of your Solo beware. Seems mine swapped the nuts on my props just to mess with me and the relationship i have with Solo, She saw it was consuming me so she confessed.Me,wanting to fly so bad I didnt have time to check.. All is well and we are FLYING AGAIN .....
thankx to all who helped out

when you want to change the spinning direction you can just switch the two outer motor wires on the pcb.....(red to blue and blue to red)

when you want to change the spinning direction you can just switch the two outer motor wires on the pcb.....(red to blue and blue to red)

Ummm nope if the SOLO motor is wired to spin in the opposite direction it was designed to the prop will not self tighten and most likely fly off in flight, they are directional..Silver counter clockwise black clockwise with reverse thread...

yes i know but i understood this particular one was spinning opposite to the designed direction?

yes i know but i understood this particular one was spinning opposite to the designed direction?
Yes I hear ya that would be correct if they were actually spinning in the wrong direction, but that was not the case here the OP had the props on incorrectly, and in fact they were spinning in the correct direction. So yes you are correct, as the only time you rewire motors to the SOLO motor pods are when they were somehow wired wrong from the factory (highly possible) or you are replacing them with an aftermarket type motor..Good call though..

Motors Spin In Opposite Direction

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc