Odd spin PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Hello, please help me..
Motors have little stops like notches when you slowly spin them with your finger.. like the seconds hand on a clock.. on my 3DR SOLO
but one of my motors just spins freely.. no Mini stops.
(it spins fine when the Solo is on just before clicking FLY)
and on my last two tries, as soon as I click fly the 2nd time, it flipped over and crashed. Breaking 2 blades..
I must add that I'm using using QGroundControl instead of SidePilot because it was free and somewhere on a webpage it says that it worked..
So, is my motor broken because it spins freely without Kinda stopping at notches when I spin it with my finger like my 3 other ones?
OR is the QGroundControl app fking up the whole balance system???

THanks for the help

Last edited:
Have you tried any calibrations?

Anything else you've tried?

It sounds like your gyros may be uncalibrated or miscalibrated but it's hard to say without a bit more info.

Have you tried any calibrations?

Anything else you've tried?

It sounds like your gyros may be uncalibrated or miscalibrated but it's hard to say without a bit more info.

I won't ask you how to calibrate
I assume it's a ´go check on YouTube' answer
Because l have no idea how

l will ask you
do you know why 3 of my motors do the light stopping thing l described
and the other one spins freely?
l doubt calibration will fix that

do you know why 3 of my motors do the light stopping thing l described
The term used is cogging torque...https://3drpilots.com/threads/solo-motor-and-pod-info-sought.3219/

What you feel has little affect on a motor under power. A motor maybe less efficient, but still within expected tolerances.

You could easily have a bad bearing(s) or crap caught up in your motors. Worth the time to eval the mechanical side of the motors.

To your original issue, flipping on take-off. You could have mistakenly changed the frame type in QGC. Search flipping on take-off here on the forum, you'll likely find a few answers for what could be the problem.

The term used is cogging torque...https://3drpilots.com/threads/solo-motor-and-pod-info-sought.3219/

What you feel has little affect on a motor under power. A motor maybe less efficient, but still within expected tolerances.

You could easily have a bad bearing(s) or crap caught up in your motors. Worth the time to eval the mechanical side of the motors.

To your original issue, flipping on take-off. You could have mistakenly changed the frame type in QGC. Search flipping on take-off here on the forum, you'll likely find a few answers for what could be the problem.

I have flown it may be five times
the thing is like new so I don't know about the bearings
I wouldn't know how to check
but there's no crap caught in the motors that's for sure
QGC is also not newbie friendly.. I have never seen an option to change the frame type

But I will have a look at all you mentioned
thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421