Mission Planner on a PC doest it work with Solo?

Reaction score
Does mission planner (& things like it) work with Solo and TX out of the box without hacks or mods to Solo?
I noticed that it dows connect but was wondering if this can actually be used to do 'missions' waypoint type flights?
If it does work are "missions" uploaded to the Solo itself and then carried out on the flight controller in the Solo?
Or does it have to maintain a 'live' connection to the PC running grounds station software (like mission planner) in order to actually fly a set of waypoints? ..

I'm such a noob and don't have a clear understanding on how this works.

Thanks.
Steve

yes for most ground control programs, on wifi
you chose UDP as the connect method, make sure you are on the sololink network and hit connect

When setting waypoints and/or programming a flight mission and flying it..
Does the mission data actually get uploaded into the Solo and then the Solo can run the mission without having a to maintain a constant connection back to the PC running mission planner?
Or is the mission sorta 'streamed' or superviced by mission planner running on the PC requiring a constant connection back to the PC.

I'm wondering if I can fly the mission without the PC connected, sorta load it then go.

I realize the solo itself by default will RTH if it goes out of range of the TX (Wifi access point) unless somehow overridden in the software (not safe not supported). etc.

AM just trying to get my head around waypoint mission flights, if they can be uploaded and flown versus being flown by the PC in realtime over the wireless link.

once you create the mission, you have to upload it to the vehicle. So yes you can load a mission from home and leave the PC there while taking the solo to the site
tip
When ever finished, create a blank mission and upload it. If you don't then there will be a mission in storage. If somehow you triggered auto accidently it will attempt to fly that mission no matter where you are.

Have you looked at Tower? it has the same mission planning capability and will run on an android tablet you can take to the site with you.
For mission planning I tend to use Tower more. MP I use mainly for configuring and reading logs

Reactions: SARDG
Not tried tower yet.
Definitely going to.

Long term I'm hoping to be able to use something like tower on Android and use a dedicated HDMI display cabled into the TX (controller) as a ground station.
Pretty sure that just works.
If there is good PC software I'd like to have that option/try that as well.

yes HDMI out to a monitor will work, I have a small lilluput monitor for my DSLR and it plugs in there and plays
you just have to have it plugged in before you power on the controller

I own a surface pro and have taken it to the field running MP for my DIY, but for solo the udp connection on tower works too

N8bv,
If your goal is having a ground station with telemetry data, moving map, HUD with video overlay and the ability to change the parameters within Solo then Mission Planner is the perfect solution for you. I run it on a laptop. With my other DIY copters I capture the video signal from my video receiver with an EzCap (USB dongle) into the laptop. Mission Planner can use the live video as the background on the HUD data, and even pop It out as it's own window to be sent to a separate monitor. I have not tried to use the live video from Solo into MP yet. Might be my next project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44