Minimum temperature

Reaction score
What is the minimum temperature I can fly my solo in? I have flown my p3s in -18f and it actually flew quite well. Would someone also care to explain to me why there is a minimum and maximum temp for quads? Thanks in advance!

What is the minimum temperature I can fly my solo in? I have flown my p3s in -18f and it actually flew quite well. Would someone also care to explain to me why there is a minimum and maximum temp for quads? Thanks in advance!

"Operating temperature: 32° F - 113° F (0° C to 45° C)" -- See Solo User Manual, page 4, for this and other "Operating Parameters".

The battery will go down much faster. And the plastic is more brittle and will break easier in a crash. That's really the only problem. If you have an old battery that you don't use for flight anymore, use that to power it up about 20 min before flight so the sensors can warm up.

Yep. What p2p says. We flew in AK at 17 degrees last spring. Only thing we noticed was shorter flight times with the Solo itself. As I recall we had a few hiccups with tablets and GoPro, same as in temps higher than what the book says.

Oh ya, that too. Most phone and tablet batteries will just absolutely tank in the cold when not in your hand. Especially in the wind. The without your hand around on the phone, the cold literally sucks the life out of it and it will just go from 70-80% down to dead in a minute or two with no warning. This is actually way more of a problem than the solo.

Oh, and also your hands. Find good gloves.

i flew in -15°C at 2500m in the alps and my phone battery was dead in about 5 min..., no gopro feed anymore, just the telemetry on the controller....
So try to test-fly without a phone/tablet and see what you can do...

Solo battery jumped from 26% to 6% in about 5 sec. so i would recommend to come back near to your position at 50% battery life.

other than that it was operating fine and had some nice feed from the alps

What if we wrap Solo's body (including the battery) with a thermal barrier that at least keeps it warmer a bit more? Thinking about bubble wrap or something like that. Very light and keeps a lot of air that helps with insulation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc