Mini USB what is it for

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the mini USB on this black box attached to the bottom side of the main control board? Or is it an HDMI? See pic

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2612.JPG

That black box is the pixhawk 2.0 autopilot. The USB port is for configuration and firmware flashing. Nearly all functions you can do with the USB port can be done wirelessly though so it is only used if something is really messed up.

Reactions: Maddog and DaveB
Thank you, sorry to post the newbie questions, I do searches first before I post

Thx again

Thank you, sorry to post the newbie questions, I do searches first before I post

The general user doesn't normally dismantle their Solo to that level, so it's not really a newbie question. But since you have it open, you can look at your data flash logs by plugging in a USB cable and downloading them with Mission Planner. If you got a refurb or "for parts only" purchase, you may be able to get info on what happened with the previous owner. There's a lot of Mission Planner tutorials online.

The general user doesn't normally dismantle their Solo to that level, so it's not really a newbie question. But since you have it open, you can look at your data flash logs by plugging in a USB cable and downloading them with Mission Planner. If you got a refurb or "for parts only" purchase, you may be able to get info on what happened with the previous owner. There's a lot of Mission Planner tutorials online.

Is it worth it to make a permanent "port" to access it for downloading future logs?

I might just put a 3" extension on it while I have it apart, I do wish I would of knew more before I bought it used from this pr_ _k, I got ripped off, so far I have had to replace the gimbal, HDMI cable, now the main control MB due to the accessory ribbon broke, would up been a lot cheaper to buy new, I can't wait to download the data to see what that idiot I bought it from did, live & learn. Its been fun rebuilding it, but extra money my wife gave me crap about.

Would anyone advise updating anything else before I put the cont MB in, like the AP, or GPS?

Reactions: rmasci
I might just put a 3" extension on it while I have it apart, I do wish I would of knew more before I bought it used from this pr_ _k, I got ripped off, so far I have had to replace the gimbal, HDMI cable, now the main control MB due to the accessory ribbon broke, would up been a lot cheaper to buy new, I can't wait to download the data to see what that idiot I bought it from did, live & learn. Its been fun rebuilding it, but extra money my wife gave me crap about.

Would anyone advise updating anything else before I put the cont MB in, like the AP, or GPS?

The mRo GPS is very nice....
But at least do the "cardboard" mod and insert a non conductive spacer between the copper shield and the GPS card. Really helps and is free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig