Cool, really nice ortho. I love doing this stuff. I stick a Canon S100 underneath my Solo. Usually go for 75 meters @ 6m/s.
I have a 3DR Aero for larger areas and ended up getting a second one for $399 in their sale last week. 1.JPG 2.JPG

Cool, really nice ortho. I love doing this stuff. I stick a Canon S100 underneath my Solo. Usually go for 75 meters @ 6m/s.
I have a 3DR Aero for larger areas and ended up getting a second one for $399 in their sale last week.
How did you mount the S100? Is is hard mounted w/out vibration isolation?

An Aero for $399? Dang, I wished I would have seen that. They are showing it as $499 now, but as out of stock and discontinued. Hmmm. I have an Event38 E384 that is basically the same skywalker frame.

I'm thinking about getting some of the Mapir cameras to put on the Solo. Though, it looks like you have to remove the gimbal to mount their plate.

To mount the s100 I just got a gopro to tripod mount, you can then attach to the standard Solo mount. You get one in the Mapir box as it happens. The Aero was $499 but a 20% code was posted on this forum. Even better they posted out on Monday and I received the Aero yesterday which is amazing considering I live on an Island on the East Coast of England.

I brought the Mapir NIR+Blue and the RGB then mounted with the Accessory bay mount. I believe they have just released a two camera mound where you can leave the gimbal on.

To mount the s100 I just got a gopro to tripod mount, you can then attach to the standard Solo mount. You get one in the Mapir box as it happens.

I brought the Mapir NIR+Blue and the RGB then mounted with the Accessory bay mount. I believe they have just released a two camera mound where you can leave the gimbal on.
I'll have to look into the tripod mount. I have a S110 and SX260 I could try and mount to Solo.

How do you like the Mapir cameras? Are you just using the camera batteries for power or the UBEC option?

Just using the batteries for the moment although will have to look into the UBEC option. I've been experimenting with the S110 and Solo logs to auto GeoTag the photos. There is a great tutorial on the Mapir web site. Software
I like the Mapir cameras, so easy to use and mount.
Here is an example of a winter wheat field I surveyed last week.

Attachments

• brent.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
I use their instructions to use Mission Planner to geotag the gopro pics. It works pretty good.

Nice work. I've got a NDVI camera but have not used it yet.

I have a 3DR Aero for larger areas and ended up getting a second one for $399 in their sale last week. View attachment 2169 View attachment 2170

How does one go about mapping with the Solo and say and SX100 or 260. I currently have an SX260 and would love to do some aerial mapping.

Maybe a little instructional help would be good! :D

Tower is the key to successful mapping using the survey function. You will have to load up CHDK onto the canon an use the intervolmeter set to say 3 seconds Mount the camera then stich using Pix4d Mapper, which is free.

I will have to try that. I have the CHDK loaded...just have to put the rest of it together.

Tower is the key to successful mapping using the survey function. You will have to load up CHDK onto the canon an use the intervolmeter set to say 3 seconds Mount the camera then stich using Pix4d Mapper, which is free.

Thanks a ton. I have the camera setup with CHDK and it is shooting at an intervolmeter of 3 seconds. I will give this a go this Summer in Tower. I want to map my parents lake.

Reactions: Jim.....
Below is a link to a jpg of a mapping mission. This is a full resolution jpg. It is cropped from original. There were 138 photos used to create the mosaic in Agisoft Photoscan.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22206999/Solo Mapping Mission 1.jpg

I was flying at a height of 50 meters at 5 m/s using a GoPro4 Black.

I do have a plane for larger areas.

What were your settings for the GoPro. I am guessing you planned a mission in tower using their mapping option at a height of 50 meters flying at 5 m/s. Did you have a gimbal attached or is this using the stock go pro mount the solo comes with?

What were your settings for the GoPro. I am guessing you planned a mission in tower using their mapping option at a height of 50 meters flying at 5 m/s. Did you have a gimbal attached or is this using the stock go pro mount the solo comes with?
I'm just now seeing this post. I'll have to look when I'm back in the office.
I use the gimbal with the GoPro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc