Map of Solo Owners?

Charlottesville, Virginia. When we meet bring your musical instruments if you play. If you don't play bring plenty to drink.
I play Dobro in a Bluegrass band called "Stoney Point Ramberles".
I will not quit my day job yet, but we have a great time.

Alamosa, Colorado
Ordered my solo with a gimbal back in April, had my solo since early July and still no Gimble, so I bought one at Best Buy. I have had a couple of issues to video loss, so now I'm waiting for my solo to return to me from the 3DR Dr.
Solo
5 batteries
FPVLR
Back pack
Hero 4

Juneau, Alaska. And yes, I've carried my Solo on a jet as a carry on bag. Only thing that happened is the TSA agent literally asked me (as the Solo was going through the X-Ray machine)
"So, how do you like your drone?"
They were very cool about it, no issues with them at all. Of course people are pretty laid back in Alaska so who knows....

Juneau, Alaska. And yes, I've carried my Solo on a jet as a carry on bag. Only thing that happened is the TSA agent literally asked me (as the Solo was going through the X-Ray machine)
"So, how do you like your drone?"
They were very cool about it, no issues with them at all. Of course people are pretty laid back in Alaska so who knows....
Thanks Gabe. We will be going from Seattle to Denver this week. My interpretation of the FAA rules is that the batteries seem to be permissible but it always depends on the group working that day. One hobby shop person also told me to keep lipo batteries about 1/3 charge when in storage for safety. I do not know if that is valid.

Bakersfield, Ca. 93309 I got my Solo in June, and would love to find other Solo pilots to fly and brainstorm with.
Noel here from Tasmania Australia have just taken delivery of Solo Adventure Pack including Gopro Black Surf and Gimble. Only just calibrated yet to fly. Note Australia has the strictest rules on the planet
Fly no closer than 30 metres from crowd
Fly no closer than 5.5 kilometers from airport
Fly no higher than 400ft
Fly only in line of site
Cannot fly over private property without owner's permission
These rules can be relaxed with certified pilots licence only
How does this stsnd up to you guys in the States.

I've had my solo since mid-July. Limited RC experience behind the sticks. Haven't got my nerve up to put it into the air yet. Pelican Rapids, Minnesota

Welcome to the forum, Daniel. No need to be nervous to put your Solo into the air. Just read, and re-read the manual, watch videos and ask questions here, as the people here are great about helping out. If you make sure your Solo and app are running the latest firmware, and use Fly mode (gps mode), you will pick it up fast. With auto takeoff, return to home, and auto land, you will quickly find how enjoyable it will be to learn while flying. I wish you luck, and safe flying.

The hardest thing to master and comprehend is when the drone is flying towards you, the controls are reversed. This takes much practice to master.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela