Map of Solo Owners?

Noel here from Tasmania Australia have just taken delivery of Solo Adventure Pack including Gopro Black Surf and Gimble. Only just calibrated yet to fly. Note Australia has the strictest rules on the planet
Fly no closer than 30 metres from crowd
Fly no closer than 5.5 kilometers from airport
Fly no higher than 400ft
Fly only in line of site
Cannot fly over private property without owner's permission
These rules can be relaxed with certified pilots licence only
How does this stsnd up to you guys in the States.

I think you will find that this is pretty much the same in most countries, although im in oz too and have not checked up on the rules in other countries.

They are not hard to follow and make alot of sense if you ask me. especially keeping away from crowds and airports, I'd hate to lose control over a crowd and injure someone.

Normy Norm

2 Solos and 2 Gimbals(backpack and goprocase)

Frequent: art museum, Kelly drive, center city
Penn treaty park, Belmont plateau

How do I get on the map?

Welcome to the forum, Daniel. No need to be nervous to put your Solo into the air. Just read, and re-read the manual, watch videos and ask questions here, as the people here are great about helping out. If you make sure your Solo and app are running the latest firmware, and use Fly mode (gps mode), you will pick it up fast. With auto takeoff, return to home, and auto land, you will quickly find how enjoyable it will be to learn while flying. I wish you luck, and safe flying.

what manual??

If I interpret this correctly, we could not have spares in our carry on luggage
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...edia/faa_airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
Actually, if you have one locked and loaded in the Solo and the other on in the case, they consider that only one spare. And yes, I just took my Solo on a Delta flight as a carryon. No problems. When I opened it, the TSA agent said "cool" under his breath. In fact everybody who sees the thing is geeked out by it and wants to see more.

Normy Norm

2 Solos and 2 Gimbals(backpack and goprocase)

Frequent: art museum, Kelly drive, center city
Penn treaty park, Belmont plateau

How do I get on the map?
Normy,
Kelly Drive, I come down for the regattas. My girls are on their HS Crew team. Have you shot the regatta's? Do they prevent you from flying? Last spring I saw a DJI Phantom fly overhead without problem.
Robert

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela