"manual camera controls error"

Reaction score
*** SOLVED ***

I cannot get this corrected and I tried the calibration, any help is appreciated. Below are my posts on FB Solo Group and the video I followed to calibrate sticks.

Security Check Required

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here are a few of my posts from FB in case you cannot access them via the link above:

-I have been getting a camera gimbal error message saying call 3DR at the bottom of the controller screen ever since replacing my main board - I had to replace it because i broke off my accessory port ribbon cable trying to install the GC the first time around. I have checked the gimbal wires and operation and everything seems normal besides the error message on the controller? “

-performed this task (stick cal) and it took about 7 -10 times before I was able to get it to work! I had to make absolutely certain that no matter what button I pressed or what corner I jammed the stick into including any combination of the sticks moved together, that there was no additional movement of numbers in the Putty screen - that is the ONLY thing that seemed to do the trick. It seems if there is any stick movement, button pressed, or combination movement of the two sticks "missed" during calibration of the controller, the controller generates this error when ever such event is triggered in normal operating mode. What a pain in the ass and I keep expecting it to come back like it kept doing until I practically beat the damm thing up during calibration.

-My controller error is back, ugh!!

Last edited:
Should have checked here first...FB moves too fast and conversations are lost in a moment...but I digress.

I had this happen, control error, did much of what you did. Mine was isolated to the gimbal paddle, allowing the gimbal to randomly tilt or not at all. I don't think your issue is related from the main board install, as it is a controller error being detected.

My solution was to open up the controller and re-plug every plug-able connection. I also blew out the entire controller in and around all mechanical inputs - Sticks, buttons and the two gimbal controls. I have a 100psi air compressor, so I got after it with the air from inside the controller while pressing or moving the various inputs around.

Knock on wood, hadn't been an issue in quite some time. You've tried all the normal solutions that software can handle, now try the hardware side....which is all that's left.

Reactions: tinker bot
Should have checked here first...FB moves too fast and conversations are lost in a moment...but I digress.

I had this happen, control error, did much of what you did. Mine was isolated to the gimbal paddle, allowing the gimbal to randomly tilt or not at all. I don't think your issue is related from the main board install, as it is a controller error being detected.

My solution was to open up the controller and re-plug every plug-able connection. I also blew out the entire controller in and around all mechanical inputs - Sticks, buttons and the two gimbal controls. I have a 100psi air compressor, so I got after it with the air from inside the controller while pressing or moving the various inputs around.

Knock on wood, hadn't been an issue in quite some time. You've tried all the normal solutions that software can handle, now try the hardware side....which is all that's left.

Thanks man, am learning as i go. I was using Facebook for a bit because it was working until it didn't :) You are right things disappear fast.

I did as you said and other than an ironic bit of damage i did to the paddle wire :) my error is gone. Thanks again!.

Reactions: RichWest
If cleaning out the controls and making sure they're all freely moving and not jammed up doesn't fix it, then the answer is simple... your controller is bad and needs to be replaced. I can tell you for sure that it has nothing at all to do with the solo itself.

If cleaning out the controls and making sure they're all freely moving and not jammed up doesn't fix it, then the answer is simple... your controller is bad and needs to be replaced. I can tell you for sure that it has nothing at all to do with the solo itself.

Good to know. Thanks for the follow up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44