M8N GPS Cable

Watch this video. It will explain. This is a plug and play mod as long as you use the M8N from the link in the video description.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch this video. It will explain. This is a plug and play mod as long as you use the M8N from the link in the video description.
Not that solder wires is a big deal but not really plug and

I bought this connector: http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?keywords=WM2271-ND
And this set of wires: http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?keywords=WM12930-ND

I haven't built it yet. Still in the box. I do not know anything about picking a ferrite core.

Have you had a chance to build yet? I am looking for a solid plug and go cable option as well without chopping or soldering anything. I have the M8N from RTFquads just need some advice on cables and connectors. Thanks!

Have you had a chance to build yet? I am looking for a solid plug and go cable option as well without chopping or soldering anything. I have the M8N from RTFquads just need some advice on cables and connectors. Thanks!
I don't think you will find a cable ready made with the two different ends needed.

with that GPS mod I went from 8,9 maybe 10 SATs to 15,16 maybe 17 with a HDOP of 0.7

Do you happen to know the name or style of the connector for the M8N side of things from RTFquads? I am fine with building the cable just don't want to hack my stock 3DR cable in case I ever decide to switch back or use in another device.
The M8N comes with a cable, doesn't it? Therefore, if you didn't want to hack the OEM cable, you'd need the connector for the Solo end.

Reactions: Qwallabear
Yes it comes with the cable.
Qwallabear was asking about the connector for the M8N side and since that's supplied, you would need the connector for the Solo side. Is the Solo connector the one that P2P mentions in this thread? If you are building the cable from scratch, you would need both connector ends (M8N and Solo) AND perhaps double-ended wires to insert in the connectors.

I haven't checked these little details yet, because I'm not ready to order and my research will be lost in time before I click "Buy". :confused:

Reactions: Qwallabear
Find a JST GH series with wire connected for Solo side, a ferret and then solder the ReadyToFly supplyed cable to the JST cable.

Order this one
Amazon.com: Hobbypower Ublox NEO-M8N GPS Module with Compass + GPS Folding Antenna Mount Holder for APM2.8 APM 2.6 Pixhawk PX4 Flight Controller: Toys & Games

Then use this video to move the wires in the supplied 6 pin block
no soldering

That looks like the easiest solution, but I see no mounting holes in that particular circuit board. And don't some of these M8Ns need the baud rate and something else changed?

That one is set specifically for APM/Pixhawk
so best I can tell that is all you need to do
some of you tech dudes confirm

The only thing I do not know is, is the wiring on the PH1 and Solo the same for the 6 pin connector
I am approaching this from a DIY PH1
My solo gps's are working just fine. Unless this thing just rocks my DIY I will not be changing solo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M