Lost screw end for device holder on controller

Reaction score
missing part: Image 2016-09-10 at 6.20.02 PM.jpg

contacted support, unfortunately they do not offer this as a part, only the entire device holder (20$?).

1) Think I could find an alternative part to replace the missing?
2) I thought I read somewhere there is sturdier replacement holder, anyone have more information on that?

Thanks in advance,
adam

Ok so a brass standoff and a washer. It doesn't need to be fancy. As far as other holders I have seen you unscrew yours from the ball and attach the one for a bigger tablet. The part with the ball on it still has to be there. https://www.amazon.com/Hilitchi-120...8&qid=1473993629&sr=8-1&keywords=brass+spacer The thing in front on the right. Your hardware store has them or something like it. Get a long enough one to put a small socket on to tighten it.

Reactions: Adamdrone
Sorry, no I don't know what size it should be. I don't have any tools to reference the thread dimension. Hopefully someone else....

I took mine apart and wandered back to my nut and bolt bins at work here. An m3 x .05 nut fits the threads. Anything with that thread should work as long as it will fit into that little slot. I still think your local hardware or hobby store would have something that would work just as well and you would have it a lot sooner than waiting for shipping.

I took mine apart and wandered back to my nut and bolt bins at work here. An m3 x .05 nut fits the threads. Anything with that thread should work as long as it will fit into that little slot. I still think your local hardware or hobby store would have something that would work just as well and you would have it a lot sooner than waiting for shipping.
Thanks so much, will be heading to the store in the next day or two. Thanks again.

Wanted to report back... this thumb nut works pretty good for a replacement: McMaster-Carr

A bit tricky to tighten all the way, a longer pitch would work better. Also, a bit more surface area of the nut to screw would be ideal.

Also should note, I had a prop that was super tight (due to a small crash)... found that this strap wrench works perfectly to grip the motor: McMaster-Carr

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle