loss of live streaming gp silver hero 4 with gimbal

Reaction score
I have had one successful flight with video streaming to my iPhone 6+
Since then I have had no live video feed to my phone. I have been trying to fix the problem for the past 2 days with no luck - different orders of start up, deleting and re-downloading the app, updated all the software.
Everything is connecting properly - solo, controller, app but I get a black screen every time.

Can anyone please help me?

I didnt want to be one of those that replies by saying "yeah I have that problem too" but the reality is I do and so do a number of other people and I have no idea what the fix is. I have re-installed the gopro firmware, deleted and reinstalled the Solo App and tried all those ridiculous different order start ups, checked my HDMI plug, different devices and so it goes on.

Someone from 3DR needs to chime in on this because like I stated in my original post on the discussion forum, what good is the drone without being able to see what you are filming?

I have a Mountain Bike shoot coming up and I need to be able to follow the riders. It's a fruitless exercise with no live feed. Its why I bought the thing.

So p!ssed off right now. I've read all the threads and everyone is doing the same thing to no effect. What's going on?

Come on 3DR - help us out and don't palm it on to GoPro. It's sitting in your product.

Angry.

Are you both using the latest iPhones? If so, the next order of testing should be a different tablet/phone to isolate HW issues from the Solo and GP. Borrow an Android device and see if that works as well. Many on here have bought a $100 Android tablet to use with Solo just so that they can then also use Tower. Certainly an option if you have this important shoot coming up.

Reactions: Baron100
Are you both using the latest iPhones? If so, the next order of testing should be a different tablet/phone to isolate HW issues from the Solo and GP. Borrow an Android device and see if that works as well. Many on here have bought a $100 Android tablet to use with Solo just so that they can then also use Tower. Certainly an option if you have this important shoot coming up.
I have an iPhone 6s Plus, a Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2. I also have an iPhone 5s which I will try just for the hell of it! he others all have the same issue which I agree tends to point towards a hardware issue.

Apologies for my little outburst. It gets frustrating. With the GoPro and all the batteries I have close to $5k AU sitting there.

I have an iPhone 6s Plus, a Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2. I also have an iPhone 5s which I will try just for the hell of it! he others all have the same issue which I agree tends to point towards a hardware issue.

Apologies for my little outburst. It gets frustrating. With the GoPro and all the batteries I have close to $5k AU sitting there.
Shoot a support ticket to 3DR if you haven't already- don't wait for them to chime in here!:D

Reactions: Jon6565
Have you contacted support? From what I understand there's a 24 hour hotline. I love being a part of the community on the forum. But I wouldn't sit here and wait, when there are also other avenues to check out. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Have you contacted support? From what I understand there's a 24 hour hotline. I love being a part of the community on the forum. But I wouldn't sit here and wait, when there are also other avenues to check out. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
I did contact support in the end and they responded with some standard checks and sequence testing but it only proved that there is a fault which they acknowledged. They are sending a replacement HDMI cable. However I also bought the Relish 3D cable - I think that will arrive first anyway as I am in Australia.

So, I have a query... Skipping through that video quickly (and with no sound... ahem, at work!) I see that the cable replaces the longer one under the battery tray. For some reason I assumed it to be the one that runs through the Gimbal and plugs into the GoPro. What if that one has the fault?

So, I have a query... Skipping through that video quickly (and with no sound... ahem, at work!) I see that the cable replaces the longer one under the battery tray. For some reason I assumed it to be the one that runs through the Gimbal and plugs into the GoPro. What if that one has the fault?
If it's "the other" cable, I'm pretty sure 3DR will provide that.

I have had one successful flight with video streaming to my iPhone 6+
Since then I have had no live video feed to my phone. I have been trying to fix the problem for the past 2 days with no luck - different orders of start up, deleting and re-downloading the app, updated all the software.
Everything is connecting properly - solo, controller, app but I get a black screen every time.

Can anyone please help me?
Had same problem awhile ago on my iPhone 6.
Double clicked home button and closed out all other screens.
Has worked fine ever since.
Good luck

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc