losing gps

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone of you experiencing loss gps during flight? So the solo notify warning or automatically turns to manual mode? Because why im asking this i never try fly in manual before :) can you give me some advice before things come worst i cannot afford to lose my solo heh

Very simple: PRACTICE IN MANUAL! Sorry for the caps, but it is so important, I can't stress it enough.

If you would like a safety net: Program the 'A' button to 'FLY' and the 'B' button to 'FLY Manual'

This way you can switch quickly between GPS assisted flight & non-GPS assisted.

Alright...what is "supposed" happen when GPS is lost? I was flying today in a valley(canyon?) and originally had trouble even getting a GPS lock and when I finally did I took it up and after a few minutes lost GPS signal. At that point the Solo began "falling" towards water and flying away from me...I was able to steer it enough to get it into some tall grass, but I just wasn't prepared.

Question 1: What should have happened when it lost GPS - should it just hover where ever it is?
Question 2: How do I set the Solo into "Fly Manual" once GPS is lost.

Thanks folks. The lesson for today is that next time I have trouble getting a GPS lock, not to take it up.

solo switches to manual when it loses GPS. It cannot hold position because it does not know where it is.
It also cannot return home, so it basically stabilizes in manual. Meaning it will just hover but move with wind, momentum or what ever forces might move it.
Depending on the canyon you are in, GPS could have been bouncing around, making a signal present but hard to lock position.
Many people feel solo is not responding or flying away because they do not understand what is happening, and how to maintain control in manual.
There is only one cure. Practice in manual a lot. If you have no practice. Buy a cheap non GPS equipped drone to practice with. When you are ready to try solo, take the gimbal off if you can. Move to a very large open area. And fly it in manual until you are comfortable

Thanks Pyrate. It was definitely not stabilized after loosing GPS. It was "going bezerk" at best. It wasn't responding to my vertical controls at all and limited horizontal. I read in another post that I can assign one of the A/B button to manual flight. I'm definitely going to do that again when I get the courage to fly again.

I do have plenty of flight time with self built KK flight controller drones and love the stability of the GPS and Gimbal in the Solo, but obviously something was horribly wrong and I feel I was extremely lucky to be able to recover without any damage.

Edit: changed "lossing control" to "loosing GPS"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44