Lost Control - Lost Solo

i just bought my drone yesterday and had the exact same problem on my madden voyage exempt mine went into a wall.

One short answer... no Solo vehicle needed at all to see and connect Android device with controller.

So if no WiFi from controller there is something wrong with controller. I will be on the phone with 3dr tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.
Is there another way to get flight logs from controller without WiFi?

So if no WiFi from controller there is something wrong with controller. I will be on the phone with 3dr tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.
Is there another way to get flight logs from controller without WiFi?
You need to re-establish controller Wi-Fi. Try removing the battery from the controller for several seconds, and plugging it back in, then try again.

No dice on re establishing link with WiFi on controller.
Never personally had controller problems, but there is apparently an internal micro-SD card that can come dislodged and must be reseated and re-hot-glued.

There are also internal controller status lights and a reset routine.
Factory Reset | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology

You can search the forum for more info, or wait and chat with 3DR.

Update.
was able to pair controller, submit a ticket to 3DR and also Download Tlog file from the controller. Tlog file from controller had 1.5 minutes of flight not on the Log file i previously submitted. Flight Corresponds somewhat to what I visually observed in last seconds of flight. Also able to retrieve GPS coordinates of Failsafe Landing. Still unable to locate solo.

Thanks to those who have posted tips on how to get controller to work an also how to pull Files from controller in another thread.

Attachments

• solo.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Latest update on this flyaway. 3dr determined it to be a gps malfunction which caused vehicle to switch to manual mode. They have agreed to replace my lost solo but not the camera. I think this is reasonable given the circumstances.

Newb poster here (been reading for a coon's age though and flying a good couple of years at least - Phantoms, Iris, Solos etc.). First off, that sucks Beowulf, really sorry to hear about your loss.

Not sure if it has been posted here before and hopefully this is not considered a hijack, but while reading this post it occurred to me that a cheap piece of insurance might be something like this: Flat Diode Flashing LED. You could get a couple and tape them to bottom and/or top of your Solo and turn it on before flights? If your bird crashes somewhere and you know the relative location you could go back with another FPV machine (a spare or a friend's perhaps) closer to dark for an aerial search? I know flying at night is not recommended but maybe near dusk the flashing could alert you to it's prescence if not too much tree cover etc exists. I actually helped my Grandpa-in-law to find his lost cheap drone that got taken above a HUGE wheat field by sending up my Solo and flying 2 batteries worth of grids. Might even help with orientation in certain environments? What do you Godfathers think...I know this link above requires a purchase of 50+ units which just ain't going to happen for me, but maybe there is something better out there - or this idea is just stupid and I should move on ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig